DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

If Hanks is dead though, I change my last man standing prediction from Jessie to Marie. She goes through with the poisoning to avenge Hank's death.

So, Marie accidentally poisons Skylar/Flynn/Holly. Which somehow leads to Walt coming back for the ricin, to kill Marie? 

I was thinking more along the lines of Walt getting the ricin to kill Marie, but Marie poisons Walt first while Walt is busy trying to BS his way into slipping the ricin into something. 

I don't know, bink made a good point about the Aryans having use for Jesse as a cook, and that's how he survives tonight, though the Aryans haven't exactly been rational thinkers in the past. 

Why does everyone want Hank dead? Hank is fucking awesome and has been awesome throughout the entire series. He's a true badass. Sure he's a scumbag DEA agent but fuck.. who ISN'T a scumbag on this show? I'd be happy if Hank killed every last one of them... but... 

I think Gomie dies and I DO think Hank dies in this also. I can see why people would think it was a fake out but I don't know..  I still think this comes down to Walt vs. Jesse which leaves Hank dead...

Intense shit. Incredible fucking television.

• Like 3

I've been pretty vocal about my Hank hate in the past, but yeah, I just don't think he deserves it.  And right now, I really hate him more than ever because-and this because of the brilliant writing-he's keeping me from being able to immerse myself in hating Walt.  

Part of me feels that the only reason Gomez was put into any of this was so he could be killed off in a dramatic moment for Hank.

Tonally, Hank's character has changed a ton since the moment he realized Walt is Heisenberg. He's been so pissed off, so motivated, so determined and it became hard to hate the guy. Before, he just seemed like a bumbling, macho, idiot and was the guy who tried to bust everyone's balls and thought he was so funny. That is all gone and now what you have is a super cop. It's interesting, this whole time Walt has tried to maintain this veneer of honest victim, when deep down he's just a horrible, broken individual. At the same time, Hank has tried to maintain this veneer of loose, easy going guy who didn't seem to take his job very seriously, but deep down he's a brilliant cop and has an anger and intensity that burns as hot as the sun. So from episode 1 of this season, I've been a Hank fan, and it's because he stepped out and showed who he is. When Walt did that, I just wanted to hate his guts, but oddly enough, I don't want him dead.

This series has been amazing though, and I really have no idea how this is going to end. I really don't want Hank to die. That would suck. I'm guessing Hank dies and Walt starts planning his revenge with the time he has left. Since Hank dies, Marie goes crazy and trashes Walt and Skyler's home. Skyler gets off scott free since there's nothing concrete to implicate her involvement. That seems too by the numbers for a show that is anything but, so hopefully we get an ending that is incredibly insane.

I liked the episode but I wasn't a fan of the cliffhanger.  I thought someone needed to take a bullet or two(or even die) with all those bullets flying around.  I know they still have next week to finish the shootout, but the build up from this episode (Marie celebration call, Jesse's smirk, etc) made me want a payoff this episode.  However, I am pumped for the next episode.  I don't think everyone is getting out there in one peace.

Also this: http://drakeingbad.tumblr.com/

Yeah, I feel like either Gomi or Hank should have gotten tagged in that opening salvo, at least. And I'm not entirely sure why the Aryans kept lighting up the truck while Walt, the guy they're trying to save, is in it. But it was still awesome.

I agree, that's the one thing that was off.  Seems like the Aryans would have just killed whoever was there immediately and not wait for a showdown.  I really expected when Hank said "I love you" to Marie, it was going to be followed by a bullet going through his head.  I'm sure there's a logical finish next week that keeps the main players alive, but realistically, I don't know how next week doesn't start with the shootout over and Gomez, Hank, and Jesse dead. 

That's exactly what I thought when he was on the phone with Marie, figured the moment Hank would hang up, he'd get a bullet to the head and episode would end.

Also, when Hank and Gomie first caught Walt, I was kinda thinking they'd pull a swerve and Gomie would shoot Hank. I guess I'm not use to Mexicans on Breaking Bad (or most dramas) being "good guys". :)

That was a perfect episode of television until the A-Team shootout at the end. Cut to black after the first bullet's fired would have been perfect.

But I'm nitpicking. God damn. I finished the episode fifteen minutes ago and my heart's still pounding.

I don't think the Aryans kill Hank, capture Jesse, etc.  No reason in terms of the story or characters.  Just don't see that happen much in scriptwriting.  How often does a major character survive a cliffhanger at the end of the episode (only to die in the first five minutes of the next ep?  Aside from season finales/premieres?  Major shakeups usually happen at the end of the episode, with the first 45 minutes building to the "shocking" event.  If they had teased Hank maybe being hit before the fade to black, I could buy it.  They paced the episode to make us think something major has to happen.  I'm guessing something happens to end the firefight before bodies start piling up.

Then again, the show is hardly conventional, so I could be way off base.

Great ep.  Really ratcheted up the tension.  i kinda wish the focus had been on the Hank-Walt confrontation, rather than Deus Ex Aryan.  The firefight didn't do much for me.  The mexican standoff before the shooting started seemed sort of unnecessary and the Aryan's shooting really is out of GI Joe.  Cobraaaaaaa!!!!! Maybe Duke and Roadblock show up to rescue Hank.

I'm really hoping the flashforwards aren't depicting Walt on some sort of suicide mission to rescue Jesse, who was captured by the Aryans and is being forced to cook.  I really want to see Walt get his in the end.  He's done very little to deserve even a little redemption in the end.  I still think Walk is stalking Jesse, who seems to have set in motion the events that bring everything crashing down for Walt.

Tonally, Hank's character has changed a ton since the moment he realized Walt is Heisenberg. He's been so pissed off, so motivated, so determined and it became hard to hate the guy. Before, he just seemed like a bumbling, macho, idiot and was the guy who tried to bust everyone's balls and thought he was so funny. That is all gone and now what you have is a super cop.

My wife was getting that vibe a couple of episodes and said something about it, and then Hank made that comment about Jesse just being some dumb junkie and boom, all good will just goes to shit.  I still think he's bumbling and out of his league--once again, somebody (Jesse this time) pushes him along and saves his ass.  

I don't think he dies, but I don't see at all how Jesse getting captured/forced to cook does nothing in terms of story/characters.  It seems pretty clear that this is what they want you to think is going to happen, and for obvious reasons.  Which probably means a crazy swerve is on the way.  Only sure thing is that Gomez is dead.

As for swerves that make no sense, when Han was talking to Marie on the phone, at the end of their brief conversation when Marie would take those long pauses while tearing up, I half expected the next camera shot to show Skyler in the background and it was Skyler and Marie who put a hit out on Hank. I just got a weird vibe from that moment, but no way would they go in that direction.

And, something, anything, has to go down with Walt Jr., right? He's the only one who doesn't know his dad is a super villain, is completely oblivious to Walt having more of a father son relationship with Jesse than Walt has with him, his dad is responsible for his idol, Hank, getting in this gunfight, and now his mom has flipped as well. That would have to be the biggest surprise left to how this show finishes if Jr. somehow plays a much larger role than any of us expected.

Given the title of next week's episode and the little teaser deal Vince Gilligan does on Talking Bad I'm thinking next week's episode all takes place in Walter's mind in the car during the shootout as he looks back on his kingdom in ruins and all the decisions that brought him to this point.

I know I'm wrong, I'm always wrong with this damn show...but I'll keep throwing my horrible predictions out there :P

I told my friend that hates Hank that if you view him as a guy who really wants to be Vic Mackey, and pretends to see himself as such, you like him way more. Like he bitched out a bit at first, got his shit together, handled the twins all gangsta as fuck, had another setback, and now gets his chance and is ready.

• Like 1

I always got that vibe about him. I used to think how much better the Hank character would be if it was Chiklis playing him, but Dean Norris has brought it all together with this season and has been nothing short of amazing.

Also, on the Hank Schrader/Vic Mackey tip comes this article: http://theweek.com/article/index/249152/breaking-bad-is-hank-turning-into-another-heisenberg

As for swerves that make no sense, when Han was talking to Marie on the phone, at the end of their brief conversation when Marie would take those long pauses while tearing up, I half expected the next camera shot to show Skyler in the background and it was Skyler and Marie who put a hit out on Hank.

On Hank?  Did you mean Walt?

So what 2 more episodes of the real time story and the finale is all in the flash forward world? That's what I'm thinking.

I don't see how they can have Hank survive that ending.

Also have they intentionally not had Jesse tell Hank about the boy Todd killed during the train robbery? That's really what sent Jesse down this path no?

Get ready to hand over your wallet.

Posted Image

"Not only does it include Blu-Rays for every season, including this final season, and all the special features released before it also has a 2 hour documentary focused solely on the final season. Vince Gilligan reportedly worked very closely with Sony on this set. All the discs sit in a replica money barrel and you get some goodies like a Vince Gilligan-designed challenge coin, a Los Pollos Hermanos apron and a booklet."