DVDVR Message Board

September 2014 Football Thread

cubbymark

The guy Rangers are using to try and broker a deal with some Malaysian businessman - http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted/2009-17465

Laughable in itself but this guy was also involved in the Charles Green takeover and has business links to Imran Ahmed, the guy who successfully got £620,000 frozen in the clubs accounts the other day.

Share issue ends in less than 24 hours, and things aren't looking good on that front.

Maicon has apparently been pulled from the Brazilian national team as internal discipline. Dunga says it's just temporary though. If you believe internet rumors, he either gave it to Elias or pulled a sexual prank on him or something.

Speaking of Brazilian national team, I hope they call up Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim to the national team. He really deserves a spot on the team.

Seeing the scum fans and their miserable caveman of a coach in full meltdown mode is a glorious sight to behold. Even better was that one of their traveling supporters did something stupid and got dragged out by police (and RBA has security that is quite tolerant, especially by MLS standards). Loving every minute of it!

Beckham has backed off his demand to have the Miami FC stadium on the waterfront and is scouting alternative locations in Miami. 

Looks like Miami is getting their MLS team after all.

Put it out in alligator alley with the panthers' rink.

Is anyone watching Leverkusen/Werder Bremen? Such a good game so far.

Leverkusen's been so awesome on attack. Jedvaj and Bellarabi have been particularly very good so far early in the season.

That was such a great game. Not the most defense filled game, but their exciting offense made for an awesome game. The second half was particularly great.

If Schalke don't get their shit together they are going to get absolutely annihilated in the Champion's League. Monchengladbach are just spanking them 4-1, it's in no way a flattering score for them, and Schalke is yet to win a competitive game this year. Their defense has looked very bad in the two games I've seen early this year.

Hahn was particularly great today on offense against Schalke and Sommer did a tremendous job too stopping all of Schalke's chances in the last couple of minutes.

Also the Madrid Derby from the Bernabeu is on beIN SPORTS. So far it's been as intense and fun as you'd expect it to be.

Diego Costa is one goal away from equaling Fernando Torres' best league goal tally for Chelsea.

Diego Costa's on again off again fitness is really starting to fuck up my fantasy team.sneaky.gif

"We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that's up there" - No not Paul Lambert, a quote from little Brendan. Liverpool spent £117m this summer

• Like 1

Went to USL opening round playoff game between Orlando City and Harrisburg City Islanders last night and it was a ton of fun despite the refs. being terrible and OC losing 0-1 and having to exit early in the tournament despite having won the regular league.

It'll be until next year when they debut in the MLS with Kaká.

You'll Never Walk Alone*

*unless you're an Aston Villa forward heading to the net

And no I don't want to talk about Harry Kane coming on for Spurs and his one fucking touch being scoring an own goal, k thanks.

Liverpool have conceded some bad goals this season, but all of Liverpool's opponents so far are currently in the Top 6 - and Liverpool beat two of them. Yesterday was a disappointment, and I question the decision to rest Stirling, but losing Sturridge to injury at this point in the season is a body blow. I can't say I'm jumping for joy about what's happening, but I feel like we're riding out a bad period quite well. Away at West Ham after playing Champions League will be an important test.

• Like 1

So Garry Cook stopped by the Mad Hatter after the City match yesterday. It was quite random.

One of the Rags on Facebook's Manchester banter group has taken to calling me "queer gingerbread man." Honestly not sure what part of that insult tickles me more. :)

Traditional Bundesliga clubs having some real trouble. Hamburger SV continue their horrendous form from last seasons finishing stretch, losing 0-2 at Hannover today. It was kind of a weird game, it seemed Hannover was relaxing and relying on Hamburg not to get anything going after scoring their own second. And even weirder: it worked out perfectly fine for them. Hamburg missed bigger chances, but they didn´t really seem to create anything resembling momentum.

Schalke is in huge trouble. They will either get annihilated in the CL or they will show up there, prompting questions about their lack of form in the Bundesliga. I actually really don´t understand their troubles, they didn´t lose big key players and a lot of the young guns are now more experienced and have loads of talent. They should be doing better.

Leverkusen vs Bremen looked like a very early Bundesliga-Match of the Year contender. End to end football, well, the first half was 44 minutes of Leverkusen, but Werder showed up on the counter attack. All the goals were sublime: Great mid- and long range strikes from Leverkusen, two great counterattacks by Werder and a great volley for the 3-3. Fantastic game. Bayern seems to stabilize, but lost Holger Badstuber. Dude came back from two ACLs only to get another knee injury. Poor lad. Kagawa back at Dortmund, playing great, scoring and smiling as a nice sight. Hope he can give Dortmund a boost. It will be really interesting to see him and Reus together.