DVDVR Message Board

September 2014 Football Thread

cubbymark

Where the heck is The Natural? Is he okay?

He hasn't been around in about two months now. And he was a guy that had 10+ posts a day every day. Not to take this wildly off course, but given that he was going through a really rough patch in his life when he went away, I'd genuinely like to hear from the guy. Or if anyone has off-DVDVR contact info please put it to use.

• Like 2

Guest The Magnificent 7

Where the heck is The Natural? Is he okay?

He hasn't been around in about two months now. And he was a guy that had 10+ posts a day every day. Not to take this wildly off course, but given that he was going through a really rough patch in his life when he went away, I'd genuinely like to hear from the guy. Or if anyone has off-DVDVR contact info please put it to use.

Yeah was just thinking about him the other day and how we haven't seen him around.  I always like reading poster's takes on non-PL stuff like our Bradford, Coventry, and Leeds guys. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

We actually got Scepovic.  Paid actual money for him.  Guidetti adds to the anemic frontline, too.

I'm really excited we got these guys in with plenty of time to bed them in for the Champions League Qualifiers. 

Remember how I said Miroslav Klose will be missed? Mario Gomez was back playing for Germany last night and missed three great chances, at least one of them being a sitter from close range. Whoever said Klose didn´t do "anything special" in finishing from six to ten yards out has never seen that guy play in the white jersey. Poaching ain´t easy. Argentines went up 4-0 at one point winning 4-2 om tje emd, although imo there was never such a big difference between both teams. Could have easily and justifiably been 4-4 or even 5-5 with the amount of huge chances for both squads. German backline looked to be out on their own a lot of times and could never handle DiMaria, they were missing Hummels, Boateng and the retired Lahm in the end, yet there were way too many flubs all things considered.

Saw bits and pieces of England v Norway. Looked a little depressing seeing Wembley only hosting a crowd of 40 000. The bleachers were just empty. Highlight didn´t show much of both sides. England still has loads of potential and the opportunity that low expectations create. They will easily make the EURO and after that it will be luck of draw and form.

EURO qualifiers start on Sunday, which is even weirder than the Friday dates they had before, especially since it will conclude on Monday. Germany will play Scotland in Dortmund. Is this the third time in a row Scotland drew the reigning World Champions in the EURO qualifier that followed a World Cup? I know for sure they had Italy (AND runner up France) in 2008, now they have us, but didn´t they also get Spain in the qualifiers for 2012?

Guest The Magnificent 7

Time to dust off the Jorge Cadete song. 

“There’s only one John Guidetti,
he puts the ball in the netty,
He’s Swede and he scores with ease,
walking in Guidetti wonderland.”

Guest The Magnificent 7

Aye, but I think he would be eligible to be registered for the knockout rounds IF we make it out of the group stage.

That's a big if.  See?

Just because I know Mag7 loves this stuff - It turns out Rangers sold the naming rights for Ibrox to Mike Ashley two years ago as part of a wider deal to do with the clubs retail operations, why this is only coming out now I dunno, but it would seem he only payed £1 for all this. Amazing.

They're also trying to raise £4M with the latest share issue, and they've outright said now that there's the threat of administration if it's not raised. Mike Ashley isn't even an option really as he can't raise his share above 10% due to SFA rules.

Meanwhile, their former commercial director will be in court tomorrow trying to get the clubs assets frozen. He has a case that'll go to court early next year where he claims he's owed £620,000, and wants the money ring-fenced now because of the threat of insolvency. Given Rangers' statement to the stock exchange last week, he'll probably get it.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

The more I've read on all that the more I'm convinced the Rangers fan union thing would be by far the best for the club in terms of people that have their heart in the right place (whether they have the cash is an entirely separate problem), and virtually everything that comes out from the actual ownership sounds... well, shady and dismal.