DVDVR Message Board

September 2014 Football Thread

cubbymark

United signing Falcao is like giving breast implants to a cancer patient. Looks nice but not what's needed.

Seriously, don't get this at all. No European football, already turfed from one cup competition... does nothing for their defensive/midfield holes while unsettling the strikers you already have.

Loving the bitterness flying around :D

Does Falcao solve all the problems? No!

Does it feel AMAZING to sign 2 World Class players in the space of a couple of weeks? FUCK YEAH!

After the pain of another long, dull, annoying summer waiting & hoping for things to happen the last few weeks have been a breathe of fresh air. All the "You can't sign anyone without Champions League football" shit blown away.

Another centre back would have been great, i'm not a fan of Jones, Evans or Smalling and have doubts on Rojo but who should you listen to? people of the interwebs, shit journalists, awful pundits like Niall Quinn, Phil Neville etc or one of the best managers in world football?

It's been a shit start to the season and i expect another few weeks (or months) of problems but if Van Gaal and his team think this is the way to go i'm right behind them.

VIVA FALCAO! VIVA DI MARIA! VIVA LVG!

B)

Like it was said when Suarez signed with Barça, will there be enough balls on the pitch with all of those guys up front?

I really think they will have to move Neymar to an attacking midfield role, or something along those lines. Unless they want to just play 4-2-4, which really I'm cool with seeing.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Two things...

This:

https://vine.co/v/OBUptl9Jq9Y

And:

John Guidetti signed on loan.  Teemu Pukki out to Brondby. 

Better be an option to buy at the end of the loan.  Sick of this shit, though I do like Guidetti as he's a better forward than any currently in the squad.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Found Dan!

BweJP1DIUAAuvtT.jpg

Hard at work, being a q-tip for Sky Sports.

Ha, beat me to it while I was typing up my post.