DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

From the Observer update:

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts, so Dave's theory on last night's Observer Radio that something was up with WWE and Austin appears to be the case.

This means one of 2 things..Austin/Lesnar at Mania or Steve Austin sells a shit ton of t shirts.

They also plugged Nash's appearance on his podcast on Raw. Interesting.
Austin also mentioned that all his "Match of the Day" selections from now on will be from the Network and was plugging the 9.99 deal. So yeah, there might be something there.

Anybody know anything about this Bu Ku Dao who just signed with WWE?  Apparently he's really tiny, like shorter-than-Rey short.

I have been watching him since he started 2 years ago. He worked lots of MS and LA indies. As either Ling Pham or Bu Ku Dao. Mostly because Bu Ku Dao is Vietnamese slang for something vulgar.

He is a good high flyer,is 5 foot and damn entertaining. Has natural charisma and at least in this area the crowds love him.

Here is his old tag team,Juan Direction. Which was him and Socorro. They are facing the Powerslam champs Lukas Frost and Kool Jay Steele.

And here is his match from the Wildkat Sports tournament to determine the first Wildkat champ. He is facing Steve Anthony.

Bu Ku Dao also won the New Horizon award at this years Gulf Coast Wrestle Reunion. 

He is a super nice guy. Who started off reffing. Was trained by Luke Hawx. And improved everytime I saw him. His final indy match was last Saturday. Where he won the Wildkat Revolution title.

He also designs all the posters and DVD covers for Powerslam Productions and Wildkat Sports.

I hope his size doesn't hold him back. But I can totally see him becoming the new Rey Jr.

• Like 1

There's a Bu Ku "Dinky" Dao joke in there somewhere but I don't think anyone will get it

I get it. Best thing I have seen was when Bu Ku Dao got a strip mall church full of over 100 kids to chant his name. After the show he told me "I might be going to hell for that, But it was too funny." 

The same show while in the ring and talking to the fans during intermission he made sure to do every Asian stereotype he could think of. He had some of the fans believing he was from China and spoke almost no English. When he is really from the 9th ward of NOLA and speaks perfect English.

• Like 1

Anybody know anything about this Bu Ku Dao who just signed with WWE? Apparently he's really tiny, like shorter-than-Rey short.

Yeah, he's 5'0" max. Not all that much of a high-flier either - mostly just throws a whole lot of kicks. He's got a ton of personality (his nickname is The Situ-Asian, if that gives any indication), though.

When was the last time you saw him? He has majorly improved this year. I think it was his over a year long feud with Stud Matthews that really got him over in the deep south.

From the Observer update:

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts, so Dave's theory on last night's Observer Radio that something was up with WWE and Austin appears to be the case.

This means one of 2 things..Austin/Lesnar at Mania or Steve Austin sells a shit ton of t shirts.

Best part of Punk leaving. No chance of wasting the Austin match having it with him; if there is one.

Remember when Big Show was first brought into the WWF and his placeholder name was The Big Nasty Bastard? That was kinda lame

First they just called him Paul Wight, then it was "Big Nasty" Paul Wight for a couple weeks before they settled on Big Show.

Big Nasty Bastard came a year or so later, well after his secret was revealed and after he split up with Shane McMahon following WM 16. My buddy has that t-shirt.

Over in the "Sports Radio" thread, mco454 wrote: 

Kamala's handler Friday was played by Buddy Wayne in Memphis. It's pretty much the same look and gimmick as Kimchee just a different name. I know it's horribly racist and God awful of me but I've always loved Kamala (the monster heel version anyway, the goofy babyface not so much).

Ya know, over 29 years, I've probably attended six WWF house shows where Kamala worked (1986-87 run, and then his 1992-93 run) and not once did I ever see any black fans in the audience lose it and get upset when Kamala came out.  

Which is not to say that you could ever do the Kamala gimmick in 2014, and I'm still amazed the WWE was able to get away with having him come out for Raw in 2005 and not have social media blow up at them.

The issue is that Ugana is a highly developed country with a population of 35 million with large, densely populated cities and an infrastructure comparable to the Westeren world. But hey, all Africans are tribal savages, am I rite?

I would like to reply to this pointing out how they treat a certain section of the population there but I wouldn't want the thread to get closed down

The issue is that Ugana is a highly developed country with a population of 35 million with large, densely populated cities and an infrastructure comparable to the Westeren world. But hey, all Africans are tribal savages, am I rite?

And part of Samoa is a territory of the United States. I didn't like Umaga when he was around because I thought the gimmick was stupid and antiquated. Good worker, but terrible gimmick.