DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Saw Bix retweet this: http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-in-talks-to-acquire-entire-wwe-library-exclusive/

This can't be real, can it?

How would that even work unless they bought the whole company? WWE would air programming live, but can never reuse that footage again because it immediately belongs to Warner Brothers? Would they have to stop releasing DVD's too? I don't get it.

Read the article guys:

An insider with knowledge of Cinedigm's WWE contract told TheWrap there is no end date as of yet, but the company is transitioning away from the library.

As one of the comments notes, this is just Warner Bros. acquiring distribution rights and the company in question is Cinedigm (which currently distributes WWE videos). It makes no sense for WWE to transition away from their own library.

And FUCK, the idea of WCW's parent company distributing WWE videos is just weird. 

As one of the comments notes, this is just Warner Bros. acquiring distribution rights and the company in question is Cinedigm (which currently distributes WWE videos). It makes no sense for WWE to transition away from their own library.

And FUCK, the idea of WCW's parent company distributing WWE videos is just weird. 

This makes 1000 times more sense, poorly worded title, and yeah WWE will never sell their library they could have 1 subscriber total on the Network and they still wouldn't sell it.

NXT was ok...4 man was entertaining, but there are no stars among these guys. Changing Kenta's name?

Most embarrassing TNA-esque moment of night. Enzo and Cass have a camera following them while hunting for Marcus Louis, then announce they need to drag him to the ring to show his baldness to the "world". Uh, you have a camera following you. Live crowd responded by sitting on their hands when they dragged him to the ring. Terrible.

Read the article guys:

An insider with knowledge of Cinedigm's WWE contract told TheWrap there is no end date as of yet, but the company is transitioning away from the library.

Warner Brothers has a nice "print on demand" DVD service, hopefully they'll expand it to old WWE/WCW/ECW PPVs/tapes?

I'm thinking about finally picking up some PWG shows. The thing I do like about the promotion is that it's one of the more inexpensive indies to follow due to ten shows a year. I do not like their shipping cost, but that's a minor gripe.

What is a good starting point at this point without spending too much to catch up? I was thinking of just either starting with the March or May show.

I'm thinking about finally picking up some PWG shows. The thing I do like about the promotion is that it's one of the more inexpensive indies to follow due to ten shows a year. I do not like their shipping cost, but that's a minor gripe.

What is a good starting point at this point without spending too much to catch up? I was thinking of just either starting with the March or May show.

If you only want to pick between those two, I'd go for the May show (Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll).  The March show was Mystery Vortex II, which is what they name their shows when shit gets all changed up due to injuries, etc, and they don't even announce a card.  To me, MV2 ended up being a mixed bag and there was no intrigue in the main event because you knew they weren't putting the belt on Candice LeRae. 

If you want to go back a little further, last year's TEN might be a good start.

PWG Sells Out 1,2, and 3. Each set is a triple disk collection of the best of PWG history.

Totally tripping on this right now: which wrestler has yellow and purple gear? I'm thinking it's someone Japanese, like Hiroshi Hase.

*closes eyes and looks constipated for five seconds*

kodo fuyuki

• Like 1

The whole thing was a bit too far. The stabbing, getting the blood near the women and kids in a crowd. Just awful.

Cornette talked about this on his pod not that long ago.

I don't have the patience, what did he say? For slamming violent deathmatches as much as he does that thing is pretty nasty shit.

The whole thing was a bit too far. The stabbing, getting the blood near the women and kids in a crowd. Just awful.

Not like those kids weren't gonna see a stabbing within a few years anyways.

Also, KENTA changed his name in tribute to Hideo Nomo? (Kidding). Although a Hideo Nomo tribute would have a finish where you go into Nomo's pitching motion and then just punch the guy like Kerry Von Erich.

• Like 1