DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Well, almost none of these were correct (Ascension did drop the belts, to be fair), so it looks like it was 100% about the video game after all.

In fairness the Video game and its promotion has been a quasi-disaster. IGN even threw 2K under the bus and the game was delayed.

NXT changed their head writer, the next NXT Special is now in December and note January and WWE decided to trial the principle call ups on the road before they debut since I originally posted what I said.

So I have to ask...you have an inside source at NXT (while you live overseas) that gave you this info that proved incorrect on the special, then proceeded to tell people on here mere days ago that you knew what the 9/22 info was from that same source and had posted it earlier. And, that was wrong as well.

Whatever happened to people just saying my fantasy booking sucked and I was wrong.

• Like 2

So I have to ask...you have an inside source at NXT (while you live overseas) that gave you this info that proved incorrect on the special, then proceeded to tell people on here mere days ago that you knew what the 9/22 info was from that same source and had posted it earlier. And, that was wrong as well.

Whatever happened to people just saying my fantasy booking sucked and I was wrong.

I genuinely know a lot of people in NXT. I never used to term "inside source" you are just being contentious for the sake of it. Zero idea what being overseas has to do with exchanging information in 2014. Who is arguing that I was "right" either? I am not.

It wasn't fantasy booking either. I still have a strong track record on NXT news/scoops and was on a hell of a roll until Takeover. The person who told me is usually dead on when it comes to NXT on the NXT level. However there were big changes/delays above that level made subsequently which no one in the Wrestling media reported/expected in advance.

Man some of you people are so petty and childish.

I'm going to be callous and say I've never cringed from the chairshots. These guys knew that steroids, piles of coke and pain pills, and partying every night were bad for them. I doubt the guys that took regular chairshots would've stopped with current knowledge and it was "part of the job". At heart, MOST wrestlers are dumbasses and adrenaline junkies.

Heyman was in the Austin show and said "Steve, if we knew then what we know now about head trauma I would've never let my boys take a chair shot to the head."

Exactly.  It's easy to now say "Oh, if I had know that what I know now about head trauma, I'd never have let my guys do that."  I don't take anyone saying that seriously,   Not that I take Heyman seriously when he's busy denying stuff, anyway.  No one actually thought letting guys take repeated unprotected chair shots might be good for the wrestlers' (or football players') health.  You don't need a study and Chris Notwinski to intuit that a person might be damaging his health when hit over the head with a chair.   What changed was that the likely risks became a talking point, got picked up by the mainstream media, and filtered in the fans' collection consciousness.  Fans of contact sports and wrestling are now willing to support a safer version of t he product because they're aware of the long term effects.

(And, by "more aware", I really mean "harder to ignore without feeling guilty". Being honest with myself, I'm not surprised so many retired football players exhibit signs of brain damage.  I was smart enough back then to works out the risks for myself.  I didn't worry much about it in the 80's and 90;s because I enjoyed the game as is and  didn't feel guilty supporting a more violent version of the NFL.  Now, I feel guilty if I argue that the league shouldn't take at least some precautions to make the game safer for the players).

When Heyman says, "I'd never have let my guys do that if I knew then what I know now", what he really means is "Fans today won't pay for that,"

• Like 1

IGN even threw 2K under the bus an

When/where did this happen?

August was going to be WWE 21K5 month on IGN and then it didn't happen:

cd3f19d0823bdc93fb6587f0b4920299.png

We are a trailer or two behind. There's an NXT mode trailer and a general big budget 2k15 trailer with Wrestlers driving vehicles like Bray Wyatt in a Florida swamp in one of those dingy boats with the fan in the back.

I genuinely know a lot of people in NXT. I never used to term "inside source" you are just being contentious for the sake of it. Zero idea what being overseas has to do with exchanging information in 2014. Who is arguing that I was "right" either? I am not.

It wasn't fantasy booking either. I still have a strong track record on NXT news/scoops and was on a hell of a roll until Takeover. The person who told me is usually dead on when it comes to NXT on the NXT level. However there were big changes/delays above that level made subsequently which no one in the Wrestling media reported/expected in advance.

At least as credible as Meltzer, got it.

At least as credible as Meltzer, got it.

Nope. Stop trolling.