DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

the acquisition of Raven has to be the biggest missed opportunity for WCW.

he debuts 6/30/97, the same night as Curt Hennig.

as of 9/22, he's only had one match (vs. Stevie Richards at Clash of Champions) and hasn't done anything. tonight he had a face-off with Randy Savage (who fought Stevie Richards) and it amounted to nothing.

Raven vs Hennig

Raven vs Savage

i want to see both of these matches yet to my knowledge they never happen. such a waste.

Reading old Observers supposedly the plan was to put him in the NWO. I'm glad that didn't happen but I know what you mean.I think he was bored perfectly all the way until his US title win and, even as a Mark kid, I HATED HATED HATED that Goldberg beat him the day after. Where else could be of gone after that? The tag title stuff with Saturn a year later was whatever.

Foley was great at making you feel good about yourself. You could be hued in some serious blues, but when you see Mick Foley doing what he does best, you're able to have some sort of able-bodied zeal.

I hate to sound like a pussy but watching Foley now I am just shocked at the bumps he took doing the simplest stuff given what we know about his health now. Makes me feel icky Everytime he talks a chair.

Oh yeah, I'm the same way, as well as everyone else taking any head shots that I see on WWEN. Like, I'm not bothered enough to not watch it. But when I do, I don't look at it like I did as a youth (obviously). I pretty much watch any of that past footage and just think that it's incredibly fucking stupid. As I'm entitled to, because it absolutely is.

• Like 1

Speaking of chair shots, I was watching a little of the Brock documentary (the one from 2003) and I fucking CRINGED at the chair shot to fucking FACE he took from Matt Hardy. Mind you, the chair would have to be made of depleted uranium and be shot from a rail gun to drop Brock but still....it's fucking awful to watch knowing what we know now about chair shots in general.

I'm going to be callous and say I've never cringed from the chairshots. These guys knew that steroids, piles of coke and pain pills, and partying every night were bad for them. I doubt the guys that took regular chairshots would've stopped with current knowledge and it was "part of the job". At heart, MOST wrestlers are dumbasses and adrenaline junkies.

I'm going to be callous and say I've never cringed from the chairshots. These guys knew that steroids, piles of coke and pain pills, and partying every night were bad for them. I doubt the guys that took regular chairshots would've stopped with current knowledge and it was "part of the job". At heart, MOST wrestlers are dumbasses and adrenaline junkies.

Heyman was in the Austin show and said "Steve, if we knew then what we know now about head trauma I would've never let my boys take a chair shot to the head."

I guess it's like smoking, people were oblivious, your right about the adrenaline junkie thing. Nick Mondo said he's gonna do a documentary on deathmatch wrestlers about what type of psyche it takes to do that stuff, I'd watch.

I feel like I've hit some sort of wrestling fandom purgatory.  There are very few people that I actively hate and I've gone out of my way to avoid hating people in wrestling, but all that's meant is that I'm really apathetic about a whole lot of people.  Moreover, I've even gotten apathetic about the people I used to like since the message has been hammered into my head that the people I liked "aren't best for business".  Yes, I'm aware that I should stop watching, but that's obviously not happening any time soon out of some combination of force of habit and mental illness.

Don't know what the heck I'm looking for in response to that, honestly.

• Like 1

Heyman didn't care about ruining their hearts and kidneys with the copious amount of coke and pills that were readily available in the ecw locker room with the known risks.

Yeah but he didn't book then to get fucked up before the show. It's the whole "Vince isn't responsible" argument.

I'm thinking this "next generation" thing is 100% about the videogame.

It isn't. I tweeted what it is in the old NXT thread.

It ties into the video game though.

Do you know when abouts you did that so we don't have to scour as much because doing so on mobile sucks? Or maybe even provide a link?

"Obviously LeFort is losing his hair at NXT Takeover. Ascension will drop the belts and debut on the Raw after Night of Champions. Sasha will cost Charlotte the title and they will have a Loser Leaves match at the next set of tapings sending Sasha to the main roster. Tyler Breeze will steal the pin from Zayn and break his heart which sets up a title feud and Neville will get called up and Zayn will follow a very short time later.

Unsure if Charlotte gets called up with the September call ups."

Well, almost none of these were correct (Ascension did drop the belts, to be fair), so it looks like it was 100% about the video game after all.

• Like 1

I can tell you this much....It ain't Seinfeld.

I don't know ... Michael Richards seems to have become brain damaged ...

Speaking of chair shots, I was watching a little of the Brock documentary (the one from 2003) and I fucking CRINGED at the chair shot to fucking FACE he took from Matt Hardy. Mind you, the chair would have to be made of depleted uranium and be shot from a rail gun to drop Brock but still....it's fucking awful to watch knowing what we know now about chair shots in general.

Jesus ... could you imagine Brock with the kind of damage that the one dude who killed a couple of people had?  Peace out, humanity.

Well, almost none of these were correct (Ascension did drop the belts, to be fair), so it looks like it was 100% about the video game after all.

In fairness the Video game and its promotion has been a quasi-disaster. IGN even threw 2K under the bus and the game was delayed.

NXT changed their head writer, the next NXT Special is now in December and note January and WWE decided to trial the principle call ups on the road before they debut since I originally posted what I said.

In fairness the Video game and its promotion has been a quasi-disaster. IGN even threw THQ under the bus and the game was delayed.

It must be really bad if they're throwing a company that hasn't made the game in two years and is out of business under the bus

• Like 2

In fairness the Video game and its promotion has been a quasi-disaster. IGN even threw THQ under the bus and the game was delayed.

It must be really bad if they're throwing a company that hasn't made the game in two years and is out of business under the bus

I meant 2K obviously mate.