DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Upcoming indy shows(things will be busy in the next month and a half):

-Saturday 9/20:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL (Koko B. Ware)
-Saturday 9/27:  SICW in Fairmont City, IL; MMWA in Herculaneum, MO; WLW in Troy, MO
-Tuesday 9/30:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling at Off Broadway in St. Louis, MO
-Friday 10/3:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL (Michael Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly, A.C.H., Cedric Alexander, Arik Cannon, Darin Corbin)
-Saturday 10/4:  Dynamo in Fenton, MO
-Saturday 10/11:  Dynamo in Glen Carbon, IL; MMWA at South Broadway in St. Louis, MO; SICW in Swansea, IL
-Sunday 10/12:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL (Elgin vs. Uhaa Nation, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Arik Cannon)
-Saturday 10/18:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL (One Man Gang)
-Saturday 10/25:  PWCS in Granite City, IL

A newer indy group in my area has Michael Elgin vs. Uhaa Nation booked for a show in October.  Haven't seen much of Nation in recent years, interested to see how that'll go.

I thought Elgin couldn't get back into the states for at least 90 days. Is this solved? Doesn't seem professional if they still promote that match.

Let me leave this in here

Leaders of the new school: Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami, Adrian Neville, Fergal Devitt and Kevin Steen talk to WWE.com about their generation - https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/wwe-nxt-sami-zayn-adrian-neville-fergal-devitt-kevin-steen-hideo-itami-interview-26641720

Needs more Bu Ku Dao.

STEEN: Maybe you also came to WWE to take back the Go to Sleep. (Laughter.)

ITAMI: I hope! (Laughter.)

CM-Punk-is-sad-wwe-26437851-704-4001-545

• Like 3

Just show a video package with Kenta doing the GTS way back in the day.  He could be "the most imitated superstar in sports entertainment" and all the guys that stole his moves could be part of the gimmick.  Have a package with guys ripping off Kenta followed by him doing all the moves in a way more badass fashion.  Punk was just a pirate, a thief.  Maybe if they talked enough shit, they could even goad Punk into coming back for a finisher vs. finisher match.         

Is there a better managerial run than Heyman 2012-2014?

Absolutely. Heenan still got the rest of his family over when he was managing Andre, for instance. The Curtis Axel stuff was just embarrassing all around, and in so many ways, his pairing with Cesaro was worse. 

Its not so much Heyman failed, its that booking failed.

Axel wasn't getting over as a singles no matter what at the time, his team with Ryback was the best thing for him.  Cutting Ryback and Cesaro off at the nuts for whatever fucking reason that inane Creative Team decided this week is what failed to get them over.  Not Heyman.

• Like 1