DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Remember when Big Show was first brought into the WWF and his placeholder name was The Big Nasty Bastard? That was kinda lame

Better than when he was being called Paul Wight: "Oh my God, that's Paul Wight!"

Also better than the rumored named of Titan.

Also, when you get down to it, better than The Giant.

Remember when Big Show was first brought into the WWF and his placeholder name was The Big Nasty Bastard? That was kinda lame

And I remember the first Raw (or whenever ... the first actual time) where McMahon changed Wight's name to Big Show in canon, in some mid-ring promo ... McMahon had this really weird emphasis on the word "Show."  Or I'm remembering that poorly ... sure seemed weird at the time.

Anybody know anything about this Bu Ku Dao who just signed with WWE?  Apparently he's really tiny, like shorter-than-Rey short.

Saw him once at St. Louis Anarchy and a few times on notNWA Anarchy's TV show...don't recall much about him, to be honest.

Anybody know anything about this Bu Ku Dao who just signed with WWE? Apparently he's really tiny, like shorter-than-Rey short.

Yeah, he's 5'0" max. Not all that much of a high-flier either - mostly just throws a whole lot of kicks. He's got a ton of personality (his nickname is The Situ-Asian, if that gives any indication), though.

From the Observer update:

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts, so Dave's theory on last night's Observer Radio that something was up with WWE and Austin appears to be the case.

This means one of 2 things..Austin/Lesnar at Mania or Steve Austin sells a shit ton of t shirts.

They also plugged Nash's appearance on his podcast on Raw. Interesting.

Bob was the one who used to post on here and always referred to Jeff Jarrett as Leonard, right?

Anyway, I don't know why, but I thought of this today:

http://youtu.be/B-SmbwoCVBA

Goddamn, that still gives me goosebumps. 

I was speaking yesterday or the day before with Greggulator in the Nitro thread in the Network folder about being just the perfect age to really eat up the entire NWO angle (I had turned 10 a week before Starrcade) and man, I remember everything about this day-- I remember the light snow falling, the pizza we were eating, I remember the apple-scented candle my mom was burning in the living room, I remember my NWO shirt feeling like more than just a shirt-- this, to me has gotta be (other than Montreal, Foley falling from the Cell, and Austin at WM XIV-- all (maybe not so) coincidentally WWF occurrences) what defined pro wrestling for my generation. Sure, it was a shit-balls finish, and probably helped turn the tide in the WWF's favor,  but everything leading up to it was just so God damn pitch perfect. Goosebumps is an understatement. It was still decidedly real for 10 year old me, dammit.

From the Observer update:

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts, so Dave's theory on last night's Observer Radio that something was up with WWE and Austin appears to be the case.

This means one of 2 things..Austin/Lesnar at Mania or Steve Austin sells a shit ton of t shirts.

My body is ready.

• Like 1