DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm thinking about finally picking up some PWG shows. The thing I do like about the promotion is that it's one of the more inexpensive indies to follow due to ten shows a year. I do not like their shipping cost, but that's a minor gripe.

What is a good starting point at this point without spending too much to catch up? I was thinking of just either starting with the March or May show.

PWG Sells Out 1,2, and 3. Each set is a triple disk collection of the best of PWG history.

I don't think those comps are easy to come by anymore. I know Randy made me a comp back in like 05-06ish of PWG's early stuff on VHS. (Hey, remember the tail end of tape trading still being a thing?)

I'm thinking about finally picking up some PWG shows. The thing I do like about the promotion is that it's one of the more inexpensive indies to follow due to ten shows a year. I do not like their shipping cost, but that's a minor gripe.

What is a good starting point at this point without spending too much to catch up? I was thinking of just either starting with the March or May show.

If you only want to pick between those two, I'd go for the May show (Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll).  The March show was Mystery Vortex II, which is what they name their shows when shit gets all changed up due to injuries, etc, and they don't even announce a card.  To me, MV2 ended up being a mixed bag and there was no intrigue in the main event because you knew they weren't putting the belt on Candice LeRae. 

If you want to go back a little further, last year's TEN might be a good start.

Yeah, I've been recommended that for a starting point a few times. I think this is something I would want to slowly chip away at until I get caught up which may take a year or two, so I might be better starting closer and then snagging those shows along the way once I get to current releases after the pocketbook death that will be getting BOLA's 3 nights together.

Sullivan tried to talk Kanemura out of it but Kanemura pleaded with him and told him it would be an honour so Sullivan obliged. I've never seen it nor do I want to see it but that's from one of the many Sullivan shoots I've seen.

Lesnar/Cena 4 ends with Lesnar accidentally throwing Cena thru a cage and losing the title

Ugh this is probably going to come true. Brock should honestly just get the absurdly long Sammartino run with the belt.

If this finish does occur, he pretty much has to murder Cena in the ring after, leaving Heyman to come out every week and be like "HA now you have NO champion"

Hypothetical.. if there was a clear chain of ownership for the WWE to buy and digitize master tapes of Memphis footage, how weird would it be to watch Memphis in a video quality that is better than "this footage has been through a few generations of copies" which doesn't have a constant buzz at the bottom and tracking static at the bottom of the screen.

They did the shirts for The Vaudevillains right.

If only it didn't have that out-of-place NXT logo right on the back...

• Like 2

It's really weird to me how nervous he was.  He was speaking so fast and was doing all these weird breathing things with his body and flopping his hands around.  It's strange how speaking in front of 10,000 anonymous people is completely different from speaking in front of, like 40 or 50 who are much more intimately in your space.  There's like no crossover in the two that would make him somehow better at this and less nervous than anyone else.  He's just suddenly like a football player giving a book report.

The content was like some bizarre Cartesian treatise about how sensory perception leads to behavior from like the early 1600s.

He also jumped right on the "10% of the brain" thing.  IS HE NOT READING THE MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD????

• Like 4

Speaking as "Kane" is probably easier than speaking as himself. As himself, his ideas are going to be picked apart, the Kane character is so outlandish that there's no real risk of people judging HIM for it.

I do a radio show for lots and lots of people every day but when I'm asked to do a high school graduation or some such event, the dynamic is TOTALLY different. The "in-character" aspect of the thing TOTALLY comes into play.