DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER ANIMATED GIF THREAD

tumblr_nc6xu7XBHH1r8nadzo1_250.gif

I'm always bothered when Meltzer verbally fellates Doc, using this spot as proof of his strength.  It's like Dave's such a mark for Doc or maybe for strength and fitness that he forgets it's a cooperative spot.  Sure, Doc is strong, but Gordy is doing half the work there.  I was actually there in person, not far from the ring, and I can tell you it looked phony as fuck, and really dumb from a "how is that supposed to hurt?" perspective.

I'm always bothered when Meltzer verbally fellates Doc, using this spot as proof of his strength.  It's like Dave's such a mark for Doc or maybe for strength and fitness that he forgets it's a cooperative spot.  Sure, Doc is strong, but Gordy is doing half the work there.  I was actually there in person, not far from the ring, and I can tell you it looked phony as fuck, and really dumb from a "how is that supposed to hurt?" perspective.

Co-op or not, Gordy was 300 pounds of living, wiggling weight. That is LOTS AND LOTS of physical power at work. As far as "does it hurt?" No, but then again, the Peoples Elbow is ridiculous too.

I said something similar when Brock gave Mark Henry the F5 earlier this year. Brock was impressive as hell for getting him up like it was nothing- but Mark was just as impressive by going up for it light as a feather.

That said, multiple reps into the roof of a cage will never not look impressive as hell. Sure it's a cooperative spot, but so is everything else in wrestling. Just sit back and dig the visual.

• Like 2