DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER ANIMATED GIF THREAD

A good example of this backfiring, is his match at Halloween Havoc '97. Which makes you wonder; why would a guy who feared ending up paralyzed, like his mother, partake in risky spots? But, I guess that's professional wrestling.

Yeah, I remember that and about 25 times he almost crippled himself with that springboard moonsault.  When was his mother paralyzed?  Was it after he got to WCW?  From what I remember of young Jericho he seems like a person who had no fear whatsoever about becoming paralyzed.  Most of his signature spots seemed to be moves that went out of their way to putting his head and neck into mortal danger. 

A good example of this backfiring, is his match at Halloween Havoc '97. Which makes you wonder; why would a guy who feared ending up paralyzed, like his mother, partake in risky spots? But, I guess that's professional wrestling.

Probably because a guy his size wasn't likely to get noticed/pushed in the 90-98ish era without doing crazy spots?  Reading his book, he also has a weird stubborn streak about doing risky moves, like the part where he talks about being determined to do the SSP and breaking his arm while attempting it on his own.

For some reason, I always thought it was funny that WCW put out a shirt that was just a picture of Hall and Nash wearing nWo shirts. The only thing better is if it was a picture of them actually wearing that specific shirt.

as Hennig saves Jericho

c67WaNx.gif

Ray and I were there live and it looked like he was doing a senton off the ropes. We were like "oh cool!"  This is actually the match where he started the "Monday Night Jericho" heel turn.

Jesus.

From catching up on Nitro and random Joshi clips lately i'm seeing Joshi as the HARDEST hitting version of pro wrestling.

That kick looks full on brutal with a wind-up!

Jeez...

I've always felt like when women wrestlers work stiff, they aren't to be fucked with. At least two dudes will go for beers and laughs afterwards. You never know with women.

Wow. That really sucks.

• Like 1