DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER PHOTO THREAD

The shrine's looking a bit dilapidated these days.

It's amazing how different he looked from the late '80s compared to even his early '90s Abrams UWF run. I guess the weight loss has helped him since he's still around and can apparently still do a thing called a match, but he's definitely looked ill for 20+ years now.

Who are the two between Devitt and KENTA?

Seriously?

Could you take the pretension down a notch or two, please? We get it, you know a lot about wrestling. You don't need to flaunt it in the faces of all us plebes.

How is it pretenious? Zayn/El Generico and Neville/Pac are very well known Wrestlers online and have been on Raw.

This is the opposite of pretentiousness.

Rovert's basically right.  I should have recognized them both, and I realized who they were 60 seconds after I posted.  Brain cramp on my part.  By the time I got back to the page, someone had answered the question, though, so I didn't bother to edit the post.

That said, am I supposed to feel bad for not recognizing a couple "well known" wrestlers?  'Cause, yeah, that's not gonna happen.  Glad I could contribute to someone's moment of superiority, though.

Rovert's basically right.  I should have recognized them both, and I realized who they were 60 seconds after I posted.  Brain cramp on my part.  By the time I got back to the page, someone had answered the question, though, so I didn't bother to edit the post.

That said, am I supposed to feel bad for not recognizing a couple "well known" wrestlers?  'Cause, yeah, that's not gonna happen.  Glad I could contribute to someone's moment of superiority, though.

Wasn't superiority it was surprise.

Thought I made that clear in my post.

Very bizarre reaction all round.

I'm just amazed someone said El Generico is one of the "best ever"...would love to hear under what criteria is the grizzled veteran of ROH and NXT mentioned as such.

He has worked in way more places than places than ROH and NXT. Not shocked at the close mindedness.

Look at his body of work and reputation.

I know he didn't work for Jim Crockett Promotions and doesn't have beer gut so he is probably held as inferior here but he is known for never having a bad match - realistically he has two in my book and I have avidly followed his work for years.

I know he didn't work for Jim Crockett Promotions and doesn't have beer gut so he is probably held as inferior here but he is known for never having a bad match - realistically he has two in my book and I have avidly followed his work for years.

What makes you think us casuals have seen Jim Crockett Promotions? The only wrestlers I know are Hulk Hogan and the bald guy from that Adam Sandler movie.

Yes, our criteria is much different, perhaps it's my "close mindedness". First of all, I live in PA and can assure you I've seen more of Generico in Chikara than most people. He is a good worker. However, the fact that he is 30 years old and has nothing more than a cup of coffee in the major leagues makes your assessment of him as an all-time great hard to take seriously.

The rest of it is nonsense ("2 bad matches", lol) outside of the fact that a stint in Crockett and beer belly would help me take him seriously as a legend.

Yes, our criteria is much different, perhaps it's my "close mindedness". First of all, I live in PA and can assure you I've seen more of Generico in Chikara than most people. He is a good worker. However, the fact that he is 30 years old and has nothing more than a cup of coffee in the major leagues makes your assessment of him as an all-time great hard to take seriously.

The rest of it is nonsense ("2 bad matches", lol) outside of the fact that a stint in Crockett and beer belly would help me take him seriously as a legend.

How is it nonsense? Name me three widely held bad matches he had.

He's an all time great worker from a match quality perspective. Even if didn't work for Watts and doesn't fit in with fetishism for workers of 30+ years ago that this thread generally has.

He is best ever right next to Ricky Steamboat in that babyface for life,totally likeable dude,always rooting for him category.

I agree-- which is why he'll follow the Bryan blueprint of being an upper-midcard heel for two years before they roll the dice, of course.

I've seemingly been warned for championing a great worker so I have to tread carefully. Even though he didn't tag with Barry Windham Zayn's selling is way better than Daniel Bryan's. Bryan has the edge on the comeback front though.

Now Rovert might seem flippant when responding some times.... How does greatness equate to getting a taste of being in WWE?

There is other organizations and Japan and Sami was over everywhere he went. I've only seen a smattering of what he did on the indies but he seems like a pretty good/great wrestler besides what he has done so far in the big leagues. 

Also this is a photo thread enough with talkie.......MORE PHOTOS~!

rocket.jpg

• Like 1

What's the deal with Norton's arm, did he fight and defeat an octopus?

I would presume that he had recently undergone some Chinese cupping therapy.  It's somewhat controversial as some believe the process helps heal through mobilizing blood flow and others feel that it's just a load of BS.

In related news...

600full-the-calamari-wrestler-screenshot

• Like 1