DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER PHOTO THREAD

One of the recent WWE documentaries had this map pop up and I thought to track it down today-

Wrestling+Map.JPG

I wonder if there's any chance WWE will ever put together a Memphis wrestling documentary.  Doesn't Lawler have a lot of their tape library?  If not a feature, it would be cool to see a doc with mini chapters each highlighting various prominent territories that were popular over the years.  Getting rights to such a thing would probably be a mess though. 

You'd think they'd call WWE WWWF at least if they still didn't want to piss of the panda.

"Capitol Wrestling Corporation" was right there.

Interesting they include the outlaw ICW on the map for this. Also wondering what made them use the "IWA" for Montreal instead of, you know... "Montreal."

One of the recent WWE documentaries had this map pop up and I thought to track it down today-

Wrestling+Map.JPG

I wonder if there's any chance WWE will ever put together a Memphis wrestling documentary.  Doesn't Lawler have a lot of their tape library?  If not a feature, it would be cool to see a doc with mini chapters each highlighting various prominent territories that were popular over the years.  Getting rights to such a thing would probably be a mess though. 

Did the Amarillo territory run south Texas? And what about Blanchards SWCW? Was that only a short term territory?

I felt like a kid at the Smackdown taping last night. I was giddy over high fiving Michael Cole, Big Show and one of the Colons, and then topped it off by fist bumping Roman Reigns.

1622743_10203018537848016_67275379269124

Was it a Vintage high-five by Cole? Fist bumping Roman Reigns is alright, I suppose, but everyone knows Sid is the master and ruler of the fist bump.

I was there, but didn't get the package. We were stupid hammered on the beach all day, though. My buddy took his hat off when Flair came out and cried a little bit. This was a guy whose dad once ran in the ring and attacked Paul Orndorff at a Mid South show in Shreveport, though, so I expected no less.

• Like 2

tumblr_mx7j438g0J1sg99p0o1_1280.png

"Someday I hope to have a second facial expression"

Someday I hope to wear the infamous Dustin Rhodes/Erik Watts 8-ball jacket in a shirtless promo pic.

Don Pardo, tell 'em what they won...

"You just won a genuine 8-ball jacket... and if you don't like that, you can get the ballsac!"

• Like 2

tumblr_mx7j438g0J1sg99p0o1_1280.png

"Someday I hope to have a second facial expression"

Someday I hope to wear the infamous Dustin Rhodes/Erik Watts 8-ball jacket in a shirtless promo pic.

Don Pardo, tell 'em what they won...

"You just won a genuine 8-ball jacket... and if you don't like that, you can get the ballsac!"

My first thought was "I must have missed the movie where Emilio Estevez played a pro wrestler".

• Like 1