DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER PHOTO THREAD

1Ksand.jpg

That has to rank in the top three worst Dusty Rhodes cosplayers.

But it ranks in the top 3 best "Playboy" Buddy Rose cosplayers.

Now THAT made me laugh.

As far as this. It IS IWA MidSouth.  I've seen shows in that building back in the day and I remember that lady.  The empty chair next to her with the sign on it......it was the regular seat of this old guy named Charlie who came to every show.  He'd would yell and holler, through a toothless mouth and you could barely understand him, yet you could always make out the obscenities.  He's shake his cane and just go off.  The wrestlers loved getting him riled up. 

When he died, they put a sign on the chair and left it empty every show after that.

IWA MS 6th anniversary show to be exact. Joel Gertner managed Rollin Hard for a match against Harry Palmer. Gertner cut a pre match promo about fucking a 17 year old at a train station. Rollin cut a pre match promo about how he's gotten more pussy from rats in the last 6 years of wrestling then he has his last 6 years of marriage. The match was fucking abysmal. Gertner cuts a post match promo on the above woman about what a great cock sucker she must be. She gets up and tries to fist fight him but is held back by secutiry. 

BtZfd5YCUAAbRcM.jpg

What a handsome, handsome man Nick was. Tho I always think of Scott Hall's story of Nick wanting to talk to people while Nick was in his wrestling attire, so everytime he talked to you, you either stood up or Nick balls would be in your face.

1Ksand.jpg

Now THAT made me laugh.

As far as this. It IS IWA MidSouth. I've seen shows in that building back in the day and I remember that lady. The empty chair next to her with the sign on it......it was the regular seat of this old guy named Charlie who came to every show. He'd would yell and holler, through a toothless mouth and you could barely understand him, yet you could always make out the obscenities. He's shake his cane and just go off. The wrestlers loved getting him riled up.

When he died, they put a sign on the chair and left it empty every show after that.

IWA MS 6th anniversary show to be exact. Joel Gertner managed Rollin Hard for a match against Harry Palmer. Gertner cut a pre match promo about fucking a 17 year old at a train station. Rollin cut a pre match promo about how he's gotten more pussy from rats in the last 6 years of wrestling then he has his last 6 years of marriage. The match was fucking abysmal. Gertner cuts a post match promo on the above woman about what a great cock sucker she must be. She gets up and tries to fist fight him but is held back by secutiry.

Are we allowed to celebrate Ian for promoting more shows than any other Indy promoter ever?

Are we allowed to celebrate Ian for promoting more shows than any other Indy promoter ever?

That is an interesting side question. I don't know if Ian holds the record but IWA MS is at 600+ shows so you'd think he's gotta be up there. 

BtZfd5YCUAAbRcM.jpg

What a handsome, handsome man Nick was. Tho I always think of Scott Hall's story of Nick wanting to talk to people while Nick was in his wrestling attire, so everytime he talked to you, you either stood up or Nick balls would be in your face.

Bock was supposed to be Thunderlips but walked when Sly wouldn't work a 60 minute Broadway so Bock could keep his heat.

James

• Like 1

That is an interesting side question. I don't know if Ian holds the record but IWA MS is at 600+ shows so you'd think he's gotta be up there.

During the heyday he was doing at least 2/3 a week with a few 4 day weekends every year, I bet he ran almost as many shows a year as ecw at some points.

Great. I Googled and came across this depressing picture:

BuddyRoseSandwich.jpg

Could probably still outwork half the WWE roster.

• Like 1