DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER PHOTO THREAD

I remember being 9 and finding the entire CMLL set at a dollar store at the Sawgrass Mall. I wasn't so lucky with the AAA set, I have Cien Caras and and La Parka though but they're much more expensive than the CMLL ones. The AAA set and the mini figure set are both awesome. I also love the Magnificent Wrestler Mego-like set of lucha figures, they were sold in singles or box sets with 2 figures, a ring, trophy, and belts. The street vendor ones aren't bad either, the "newer" ones I've seen on eBay like Rey and Wagner have really good paint jobs, much more so than the older ones that Highspots sold.

AAA Kelian miniature Cien Caras

111px-Cien_Caras_Toy_3.jpg

Magnificent Wrestler

IMG_0360.jpg

Street vendor wrestlers

mexico-wrestling-hero-figures.jpg

• Like 4

Way to quote all of that brah!

There's a Parka in the AAA line IIRC. Konnan is the victim of a false cognate that makes him look like a raping barbarian if you don't know Spanish well.

I love the Magnificent Wrestler figures. They're almost Mego like, but it's weird how they articulated the guys. The legs are fully poseable, with knee and I think ankle articulation, but the arms are frozen in an L shape like He-Man arms.

• Like 2

It's easy to forget just how sleazy ECW was, especially at the end when they were hyping the existence of "pervert pics" of Francine, Beulah, Dawn Marie etc on their website. And then they wonder why they went to the wall and couldn't get sponsors or interest from TV networks.