DVDVR Message Board

WWE Home Video Revisionist History

He did burn down the funeral home with his family inside it, come on now. It's not like anything he did after that was going to do much in the karma department

We should all be cheering Brock Lesnar for ending the STREAK of such a heartless man. What evil has Brock Lesnar ever done? 

He did legit murder a one-legged man in front of his mom once...

He did burn down the funeral home with his family inside it, come on now. It's not like anything he did after that was going to do much in the karma department

We should all be cheering Brock Lesnar for ending the STREAK of such a heartless man. What evil has Brock Lesnar ever done?

I doubt Tajiri got laid anytime after his match with the vile asshole.

I doubt Tajiri got laid anytime after his match with the vile asshole.

Yeah yeah but that's just typical heel stuff. It doesn't compare to trying to embalm someone alive, throwing someone off of a cell, burying your mentor in concrete, crucifying someone, kidnapping and trying to force someone to marry you against their will, killing your mother and father, trying to kill your little brother, mentally scarring said younger brother and I'm sure that there are things I forgot.

Now Brock Lesnar is trying to save us from the scourge that is John Cena.

We know that Vince Russo may be reading but I certainly hope that Paul Heyman is. I want him to know that I support Brock Lesnar wholeheartedly. 

Wasn't Undertaker the babyface and Mankind the heel in that Cell match?

It bugs me way more than it should when WWE shows old PWI covers for historical context and they change the old WWF logo into a retro WWE logo.

Wasn't Undertaker the babyface and Mankind the heel in that Cell ?

That's what I mean, in the story of the match how are we supposed to cheer Mankind being thrown, especially, off a house?

But we do.

This woke discussion has really opened my eyes, fuck the Undertaker.

I hate how he makes the match about what he went through.I think the fact that, even in the context of a worked match, the character of the Undertaker would throw Mankind off the cell to begin with should cement him as the most ruthless heel ever.

He tried to embalm Austin alive and buried Paul Bearer in cement.

Taker is a heartless man. 

Yeah but you can't look at it that way.

I really really want to see a in-his-prime Vader w/Harley Race vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman, WCW feud style (meaning 12 months of battling).

- RAF

I've got to do this match in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - it would be a blast.

Edit - it was! A bloody blast, in fact.

Going back several pages, Bischoff wrote in his book that he gave Hogan the idea to turn first for the nWo and was basically shot down and thrown out of Hogan's house for the suggestion. Easy E then went to Sting who he convinced to do it but The Stinger wasn't really sold on it. Then an unknown amount of time passes before Hogan changes his mind to become the third man.

Don't know what the actual timeline is but Sting's memory might be a bit suspect. He credits the idea if the makeup to Scott Hall on Ross's podcast but denies it originally being based on 'The Crow'. Whhhhat?

Also, on the OMG WCW release from last month, Hogan reveals the first and only time he used his creative control -- to contest the loss to Jarrett at Bash at the Beach 2000.

Going through 1995 WCW right now, I feel the Eddie Guerrero talking point (much like with Austin's) really isn't holding up thus far.

Once the nWo heats up, Eddie's push starts to go away.

On the nitro with the back lot breakdown they rearrange the card and Eddie takes on BBM in classic star making style, they did seem to really be pushing the whole crew.

I forget where I heard it,I think moan, but supposedly once Hogan was heard saying "the cruiserweights can cruiser wait, brother."

If true that's an awesome line.

Yeah, I mentioned in the Nitro thread that I think Eddie would have been a much bigger deal if the NWO never happens.  They were clearly very high on him at the start.  He rarely drops falls, and when he does, it's competitive stuff with guys like Flair.  He goes toe to toe with Flair and Arn in the WWIII battle royal, pins Pillman.  He was positioned pretty well.  They even felt the need to protect him in his loss to Konnan at Uncensored.  He seemed to just taper off after that.

Yeah, I mentioned in the Nitro thread that I think Eddie would have been a much bigger deal if the NWO never happens.  They were clearly very high on him at the start.  He rarely drops falls, and when he does, it's competitive stuff with guys like Flair.  He goes toe to toe with Flair and Arn in the WWIII battle royal, pins Pillman.  He was positioned pretty well.  They even felt the need to protect him in his loss to Konnan at Uncensored.  He seemed to just taper off after that.

I wonder if Flair and Eddie were friends or something b/c he always sold a ton for Guerrero and gave him a lot of offense. Was Flair ever tight with the Guerrero family or was that just a case of Flair being Flair and doing his damndest to get a guy over?

I wonder if Flair and Eddie were friends or something b/c he always sold a ton for Guerrero and gave him a lot of offense. Was Flair ever tight with the Guerrero family or was that just a case of Flair being Flair and doing his damndest to get a guy over?

I'm thinking the latter, because Flair sold his ass off for guys in WCW with even the most minimal of talent.

He joked when Miz got the figure four that at least someone would tap to it now - and he was right. Flair should come back and work a tag as Ric Ziggler in this feud. What the fuck, why not - gets a match out of his system, or just have him work that as a manager and basically do a match without doing one.

I'm thinking the latter, because Flair sold his ass off for guys in WCW with even the most minimal of talent.

That's true. Just seemed like he always gave Eddie more than usual to me. Would've liked to have seen them work a longer term program.

Flair's whole move set is different signature bumps. His offense is chops, eye pokes and a figure four no one taps to.

He had a pretty nice butterfly suplex he would bust out every now and then.

This is the sad part of latter day "Flair by the numbers" because his moveset DID shrink over the years. If you watch him against guys that could actually match him talent for talent (Windham and Steamboat come to mind) he had much more in his bag of tricks. His early 80's stuff in Japan, especially with Jumbo, shows his AWA/Verne Gagne roots far better than his 90's/2000's stuff.