DVDVR Message Board

WWE Home Video Revisionist History

I'm always amazed at how shit Superstar was on commentary yet he was always an epic promo

I remember he went on some super bizarre rant about how Elizabeth should bulk up and get bigger so that she could combat the people that Savage's opponents brought to ringside. And how she would still look beautiful if she packed on some muscle. I can't remember the match but I think it was a random Savage/DiBiase or Savage/Andre match.

It was the Savage-DiBiase MSG cage match with the fan interference. I remember it being odd, even as a kid.

Yeah that's it. He just went on and on about how she would still look beautiful even if she bulked up. I guess Superstar probably became a big fan of Chyna.

My favorite call from the Trongard/SSBG/Lord Alfred combo was during a Terry Taylor vs. Lanny Poffo match.  The finish was Poffo submitting to a Scorpion, which Trongard referred to as a "figure-four Boston hold." But that's not even the best part. After that uniquely Trongardian gem, SSBG chimed in with "Exactly!"

Yeah, I mean, Flair will always be Flair and a draw and all of that, but I'll go out on a limb and say from the start of the Wars to the end, Flair wasn't really all that vital to the "story" of the two companies going head to head. It sucks, but it's mainly about Austin/McMahon and the nWo, really. Everyone else is just background noise.

Not trying to take away anything from any of those three segments you mentioned, but a Super Calo match was probably a ratings hit at that time. WCW was still on an upwards swing around that time, weren't they? Also, what's this nWo parody you speak of? I was a little Tristof in 1997, so all I really remember is the nWo's parody of the Four Horsemen. I'd like to see that.

I've watched all of the MNW episodes in the last few days, and I'm pretty sure Flair/Horsemen don't have a decent amount of any episode dedicated to them (yet). Flair is definitely a talking head in this series, though. So, that's something, I guess?