DVDVR Message Board

WWE Home Video Revisionist History

Heenan and Boris Malenko worked a few of the same territories at the same time and both were longtime Tampa residents. Obviously I have no idea what their relationship was but it stands to reason that might have a lot to say in how he went out of his way to put over Boris' son.

This is off-topic, but the fact that Heenan isn't healthy enough to still be behind the mic (or at least get a run in the 2000s, he is only 70) is a fact that saddens me to no fucking end. When I was a kid, I loved him on Nitro, and that was him half-shitfaced and phoning it in-- imagine my reaction when I heard on WWF tapes bringing his A-game.

• Like 3

There are so many times when I'm watching one of the docs the WWE puts out, and I start looking forward to what Heenan's going to say, but then the awful reallity hits me and I get bummed out. Even with the revisionism and bullshit being put out there during these Monday Night Wars episodes, I would love to hear what The Brain could say about it at all.

Or Jesse. He'd destroy Cole as well. JBL just doesn't care anymore. This might be the worst commentary team RAW has ever had. Maybe the worst in all of WWE history.

How quickly we all forget Mike Adamle and Tazz.

Not that I'm making excuses here, but if I were JBL and I had millions of people with no wrestling knowledge shouting shit in my headset for me to say, I probably wouldn't give a fuck anymore either.

• Like 1

Or Jesse. He'd destroy Cole as well. JBL just doesn't care anymore. This might be the worst commentary team RAW has ever had. Maybe the worst in all of WWE history.

I don't know about all time, but Heel Cole was worse than the current team. I was routinely shutting the tv off because I couldn't take it anymore.

Who can forget the weekly 5-minute rant about what a loser Daniel Bryan was. 

• Like 2

I don't know about all time, but Heel Cole was worse than the current team. I was routinely shutting the tv off because I couldn't take it anymore.

Who can forget the weekly 5-minute rant about what a loser Daniel Bryan was. 

I would watch RAW on mute or not at all during most of that run. That's one of the few times where I made a conscious choice to not watch wrestling and just do something else with my time. I didn't need to be told how big of an idiot I was for enjoying certain wrestlers and how boring and unentertaining 3/4ths of the show was.

I'm glad that he was at least able to get a nice WM send-off with the gimmick battle royal commentary, get his own dvd and do some talking head interviews for other dvd's before the illness really took hold.

The Jericho episode of MNW was pretty good. Sins of omission, of course (no mention of the fact that Jericho's championship reign was pretty flat, for example,) and the basic premise kind of missed that Jericho coming to WWF was a symptom of WCW's woes, not a cause.

How soon we forget the team of Bruce Prichard, Mike McGuirk, and Pete Doherty.  Hoooooooly cow they were awful.

Tabe is right, the announce teams they'd use for the "Old School" house shows at places like Houston are worse by several orders of magnitude than any other pairs WWE has ever done. Prichard, McGuirk, and Doherty along with Trongard, Superstar, and Lord Alfred are the 2 worst announce teams in company history.

Tabe is right, the announce teams they'd use for the "Old School" house shows at places like Houston are worse by several orders of magnitude than any other pairs WWE has ever done. Prichard, McGuirk, and Doherty along with Trongard, Superstar, and Lord Alfred are the 2 worst announce teams in company history.

At least those teams sounded like they were into what they were watching. I'll take that over Cole, Lawler, and JBL.

• Like 1

How soon we forget the team of Bruce Prichard, Mike McGuirk, and Pete Doherty.  Hoooooooly cow they were awful.

Let's not soil the good name of Lord Alfred, Superstar and Trongard were the pits.