DVDVR Message Board

WWE Home Video Revisionist History

It would probably be looked at more favorably if they had gotten Arn's permission before making fun of a personal moment.......

Nash said he did get permission from Arn. He said the beer cooler came from Arn himself.

It would probably be looked at more favorably if they had gotten Arn's permission before making fun of a personal moment.......

Nash said he did get permission from Arn. He said the beer cooler came from Arn himself.

Did he? I had always read that the Horsemen didn't know it was coming so they were offended by it. 

Did he? I had always read that the Horsemen didn't know it was coming so they were offended by it. 

i've heard that too but i've always wondered how kayfabe that was.  

honestly, in 1997 WCW i'd believe it either way.

A skit like that still would have taken a good bit of prep work and rehearsal, so I'd think unless they all went over their parts and got their makeup done somewhere totally secluded at the last minute, a good portion of the locker room would have had at least some idea such a thing was going down.

A skit like that still would have taken a good bit of prep work and rehearsal, so I'd think unless they all went over their parts and got their makeup done somewhere totally secluded at the last minute, a good portion of the locker room would have had at least some idea such a thing was going down.

Maybe no one told Ric and Arn. Ric is usually the one who tells the story so he was probably too drunk to remember being told. 

Maybe it started out as a work by everyone involved, but then their memories got so mixed up together they ended up believing the work was what really happened. Like how Ric thinks he was there during Brodie's death.

Flair also claims to have flushed the pills down the toilet after David Von Erich's death. 

Flair has also claimed to have assassinated Archduke Ferdinand, sank the Titanic, caused the stock market crash, slept with Marilyn Monroe, hit 61 home runs in 1961, ran for President in 1972, scored the winning goal for the 1980 US men's hockey team, and killed Osama Bin Laden.

That was Nash's side of the story. He's told it in a shoot interview and on one of the Legends Roundtables. He said that everyone was cool with it beforehand but the heat came about b/c Arn's wife and kids saw it and were upset about it, leading to Arn getting pissed about it. Plus, Flair was ok with the skit but got pissed b/c there was no retaliation by The Horsemen.  He thought it made the Horsemen look emasculated heading into War Games. I can't remember the exact story but I think Flair was like, "ok, so now we're supposed to go out and brawl with them at some point" and Bischoff (or whoever was in charge at that time) vetoed it.

"Prep work" and "rehearsal" were not three words heard often in WCW around that time.

Flair also claims to have flushed the pills down the toilet after David Von Erich's death. 

Flair has also claimed to have assassinated Archduke Ferdinand, sank the Titanic, caused the stock market crash, slept with Marilyn Monroe, hit 61 home runs in 1961, ran for President in 1972, scored the winning goal for the 1980 US men's hockey team, and killed Osama Bin Laden.

Ric Flair body slammed 700 pound Hulk Hogan at Wrestlmania III...WHOOOOOOOO!!! He died 4 days later.

• Like 1

Are you trying to tell me he fucking didn't?

• Like 1

I think the story is that later in the show the Horsemen were supposed to have a segment, and Flair and Arn refused because the only way they didn't attack the nWo during the parody was if they weren't in the building.

My guess would be they got Arn's permission, and then it went further than Arn and Ric were expecting.

Now I havent watched every episode, but unless I'm mistaken I cant find one single reference to Ric Flair in the War documentary shows.

Truly mind boggling 

Just the way Bischoff would have wanted it.