DVDVR Message Board

WWE Home Video Revisionist History

The first match Austin/Michaels had at King of Ring 97 is pretty great.  It doesn't get much love, probably due to the DQ ending.  It was before Austin's neck injury(and Shawn's back stuff) so the match has a different style than their Mania match.  It's frantic and a bit chaotic.  I think a series/feud between them at their peaks or even before their infamous injuries could have even rivaled the Austin/Bret's series.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

Didn't he have a "retirement" match against Paul Diamond at his wrestling school right after he left?

It was 2000, and it was a very protective brawl.

A bunkhouse brawl no less.

It wasn't too bad for a garbage brawl either. Was kind of a template for the Summerslam match against HHH. Now that you reminded me of it, I have it on vhs somewhere and need to transfer it to dvd.

Upload to YouTube you mean... haven't seen it in years ;)

The first match Austin/Michaels had at King of Ring 97 is pretty great. It doesn't get much love, probably due to the double-count ending. It was before Austin's neck injury(and Shawn's back stuff) so the match has a different style than their Mania match. It's frantic and a bit chaotic. I think a series/feud between them at their peaks or even before their infamous injuries could have even rivaled the Austin/Bret's series.

Made all the more memorable due to the run-in in the middle ...

• Like 1

On one of the Undertaker DVD's from like 2002-ish, he talked a bit about the match. This was the period just before WWE started doing really in-depth documentaries so there wasn't great detail. I don't know if he's ever discussed it on any other home videos.

On one of the Undertaker DVD's from like 2002-ish, he talked a bit about the match. This was the period just before WWE started doing really in-depth documentaries so there wasn't great detail. I don't know if he's ever discussed it on any other home videos.

I think that's really the only time period thusfar that Taker has ever done any behind-the-scenes stuff...

I hate how he makes the match about what he went through.I think the fact that, even in the context of a worked match, the character of the Undertaker would throw Mankind off the cell to begin with should cement him as the most ruthless heel ever.

He tried to embalm Austin alive and buried Paul Bearer in cement.

Taker is a heartless man. 

I hate how he makes the match about what he went through.I think the fact that, even in the context of a worked match, the character of the Undertaker would throw Mankind off the cell to begin with should cement him as the most ruthless heel ever.

He tried to embalm Austin alive and buried Paul Bearer in cement.

Taker is a heartless man.

Touche.

He did burn down the funeral home with his family inside it, come on now. It's not like anything he did after that was going to do much in the karma department

We should all be cheering Brock Lesnar for ending the STREAK of such a heartless man. What evil has Brock Lesnar ever done?