DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 8-25-14

MGFanJay

The hall of fame forum bit was just awful. The writing crew found a way to make Flair, Hogan, and HBK seem boring. Cena came out after stupid banter WITHOUT ANY DAMAGE AT ALL. Shouldn't John have A SCRATCH on him after being murderkilled by Brock 8 days ago? Swagger-Rusev really felt like something special at times, but didn't click as a full match. Hyped to rewatch some of the '95 and '96 Nitros next week, and hopefully they pick some top-notch Raws for the Attitude week too. Nattie-Paige III was a bit odd. If she beats the champion THREE TIMES, she might get a shot. Might. They had a fun match leading to a Paige win and more Paige-AJ stuff. Weird to have Roman go against Rollins now. So it's okay to crush Dean's head - just don't start talking about him! STTAAAAAAHHHHHHDDDDUUUUSTTTT can fuck off. Dust Busters vs. Usos was good-ish, but the crowd was absolutely dead for it. A countout loss on THAT!? Ugh. Hot damn! It led to a good heel turn for the Dust bros - largely due to Stardust having go away heat.

The Brock-Cena hype video was just amazing. Dolph-Mizdow was nothing, but Miz saying "well, he's fired!" about Sandow was glorious. WWE's countering TNA programming with a Jeff Hardy doc. LOL. Bellas acted. They used SHOOT NAMES. They had more mic problems, and Nikki said that BRIE WAS HOLDING HER BACK IN THE WOMB! I would say that this feud could suck a dick, but fellatio is enjoyable and this isn't. I. HAVE. NO. SISTER. YOU ARE. DEAD. TO ME. This was so very very very bad. Then Roman had a nothing handicap match with Seth and Kane that culminated in MORE CINDER BLOCKS, but now Roman chucked one at Seth, so...yay or something.

Slater Gator lost to the Matadores in a nothing match. THE STREAK ENDED! Bo faced Kofi in a nothing match. Bodog won. Swagger attacked Bo afterwards FROM BEHIND LIKE A COWARD and got booed for it. I liked Cena playing the role of Brock against Bray here. Shame it just led to a #hollaholla6manplaya. This was really fun though, with Show kicking ass, Henry playing a great face in peril, and Cena cleaning house. Their goal way to make Cena seem like a threat to Brock, and did so - big-picture, the show did what it needed to. It wasn't very exciting though - you can basically get the best stuff in maybe half an hour.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/wwe-raw-8-25-14.html

Screens -

919c92347400756.jpg

bb06fb347396724.jpg

9e2304347396757.jpg

ead327347396761.jpg

6f6d54347393684.jpg

34bfec347393686.jpg

9929a6347393690.jpg

d1d667347393691.jpg

af647f347393695.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ds7vsybov9hkgzvztn4gz5zfb4shs6x5

So that's one way to go with John Cena's character...

Enjoyed the show on the whole.  The Nikki Bella promo would have been a 10/10 if they didn't do the whole womb stuff.  Overscripted and took me out of the promo.  There was enough there to focus on Brie staying at home at watching Nikki get beat up week after week.

How funny was it that the Hall of Fame forum broke down like this:

- Michaels thought Cena should quit and go home...it ain't worth the trouble.

- Flair thought it was time for Cena to make room for someone else.

- Hogan thought he should hang on and try to stay on top for as long as he could still move.

As always Hogan/Cena wins...that thing about shoot comments that aren't supposed to be shoot comments.

• Like 12

Yeah it does seem that Cena is winning at Night of Champions which makes all the fun of Summerslam so useless.  Why put the belt on Brock to begin with.

Some really awful booking on this show.  

1.  Are we supposed to like Brie Bella because her role as a crying weak baby isn't working.  Nikki might be a bitch but at least she is a fighter

2.  No idea why you send Bray Wyatt out there to get slaughtered against Cena.  Just made him one of those middle carders that will be on Main Event in a couple weeks

How funny was it that the Hall of Fame forum broke down like this:

- Michaels thought Cena should quite and go home...it ain't worth the trouble.

- Flair thought it was time for Cena to make room for someone else.

- Hogan thought he should hang on and try to stay on top for as long as he could still move.

As always Hogan/Cena wins...that thing about shoot comments that aren't supposed to be shoot comments.

The only thing I got from that segment is that HBK still really doesn't like Hulk Hogan

2.  No idea why you send Bray Wyatt out there to get slaughtered against Cena.  Just made him one of those middle carders that will be on Main Event in a couple weeks

Pretty sure they chose Bray because he has been the toughest recent challenge for Cena not named Brock Lesnar. It was still pretty damn stupid though.

Nikki Bella genuinely convinced me that she wanted Brie dead, I know she's basically channeling her Total Divas character and this feud will be the vocal point of that show but there seems to be some legitimate insecurities and jealousy being brought to the surface here. The post-promo beat down was savage. It was sooo good. I'm totally in on Nikki Bella.

• Like 2

So Roman Reigns is the smartest, most invulnerable superstar who never ever shows even a fleeting moment of weakness that ever lived, huh? Oh man, we're in for 15 years of Samoan John Cena aren't we?

What's "poo poo pee pants" in Samoan? Better learn it quick ...

• Like 1

I saw fewer than 10 minutes, but what I saw was absolute trash. The Bella crap that ruins any chance Paige, AJ, or any other talented woman has to be taken seriously, and Cena fucking no selling the biggest ass whipping of all time to kill The Wyatts dead. Zero fucks is how many I give about an Ambroseless WWE show.

I actually kinda liked the Bella Twins Explode! skit. The scripted womb shit was dumb but Nikki's delivery is excellent and I liked the parts where they played in to how their characters are portrayed on Total Divas (ie: Brie's the manic pixie dream girl while Nikki is the superficial Sex & The City stereotype). Her "shut up old man" to Jerry was the best delivered line of the night.

Although I have to say, I don't know if I was more impressed with Nikki's promo skills or the fact she managed to do a prolonged catfight in a little black cocktail dress without anything non PG popping out.