DVDVR Message Board

CHIKARA King of Trios 2014 - 9/19 to 9/21

nate

When they closed up shop through 2013 and the first half of '14, this was the show I was grieving the most about. Simply put, I like the teams that they scrounge together (Faces of Pain?), but I also greatly enjoyed the fantasy booking of trios too.

Here's the players they have announced so far:

The Spirit Squad: Kenny, Mikey, and Johhny (Nicky is reportedly MIA)

The Spectral Envoy: Frightmare, Hallowicked, and Ultramantis

Team UK: Damian Dunne, Pete Dunne, and Mark Andrews

Speculate!

I'm hoping for a return of Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin, with hopefully somebody swank. Dunno why I like those two, but I do.

Wonder who teams with 3.0?

Any chances of representation from the Bullet Club?

Shelley/Sabin/Kushida would rock nuts.

Wonder if Bad Influence will grab a third?

Are those UK guys any good?

They're excellent. Andrews is a terrific high-flyer, really crisp and naturally charismatic. He's on the new series of TNA British Bootcamp, and should do well. Pete Dunne is less of a flyer, more technical and likely to use strikes, but not in a "super-serious Davey Richards" way. His match with Zack Sabre Jr this past January is the best match I've seen in person. Damian Dunne is just an all round solid wrestler, a guy I've never seen have a sub-par match.

I've been out of the Chikara loop since 2010. Who is on the roster now? Quack doesnt wrestle anymore so whats the Jigsaw Trio? Jig, Icarus & some Japanese guy (no disrespect, I mean that in a good way). I'm not too entirely hip on Puroresu so i dont know what Indie will send over who but I know there will be some Puroresu or Joshi or both represented there always is and some Lucha representation as well. I also like the notion of Bad Influence and Bullet Club being represented. I don;t know what his schedule looks like or if they could pull it off but a trio of Daniels, Kaz and AJ would be cool. 

See i'm out the loop I just assumed Jig was like their Sting, the perpetual good guy. yeah I know he wasnt around for 9 months in 08 cuz he took his mask off in ROH and Quack got butt hurt but I didn't know he was heel now. And I knew icarus was the top face now thats why I teamed them together. Whats Akuma's standing with Chikara? I wouldnt ind a FIST reunion. Icarus, Akuma and Chuckie T.

See i'm out the loop I just assumed Jig was like their Sting, the perpetual good guy. yeah I know he wasnt around for 9 months in 08 cuz he took his mask off in ROH and Quack got butt hurt but I didn't know he was heel now. And I knew icarus was the top face now thats why I teamed them together. Whats Akuma's standing with Chikara? I wouldnt ind a FIST reunion. Icarus, Akuma and Chuckie T.

Jig turned on Quack in 2012, after Quack kept trying to injure members of The Swarm (who were former Gen 1 Chikara students who abandoned the fold). He then took over the Swarm and started tagging with The Shard as The Pieces of Hate.

King of Trios is going to have to be absolutely out of this world in order to get me back interested in the company, as their "closing" was one of the silliest things I have seen in a very long time. And it pains me to say it as I really enjoyed Chikara prior to their "closing."

Jig turned on Quack in 2012, after Quack kept trying to injure members of The Swarm (who were former Gen 1 Chikara students who abandoned the fold). He then took over the Swarm and started tagging with The Shard as The Pieces of Hate.

Ok so whats The Shard and who was in the Swarm? I dont know anything past the end of the BDK.

King of Trios is going to have to be absolutely out of this world in order to get me back interested in the company, as their "closing" was one of the silliest things I have seen in a very long time. And it pains me to say it as I really enjoyed Chikara prior to their "closing."

You wouldn't say that if you'd read the 76 page pdf file.  It all makes sense once you read that.

All kidding aside, I agree completely. The "closing" and all the stuff leading up to it (time travel? Seriously) was the point I decided Chikara had climbed too far up its own ass. The stuff where people went to sites of canceled shows in hopes of finding a clue or a message from Quack was too much. A case of working the marks just to work the marks.

Ok so whats The Shard and who was in the Swarm? I dont know anything past the end of the BDK.

I actually meant GEKIDO. They were a bunch of supposed original Chikara students who left before debuting and came back to be the top masked heels after the BDK fell apart. The Shard (basically an anti-Jigsaw), 17 (anti-Quack), and The Swarm (AssailANT, DeviANT, & CombatANT anti-The Colony).  Wink Vavasseur, who was Director of Fun, then mixed the Colony and Swarm, with Soldier Ant and AssailANT. Soldier Ant then got thrust into the Colony: Xtreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missle Assault Ant, & Orbit Adventure Ant). AssailANT eventually ended up completely turning on the heels during the Ashes bit and became the new Worker Ant.

The current top heel group is The Flood, which is a combo of GEKIDO (See above, now also including Soldier Ant), BDK (Ares & Nøkken), The Devastation Corporation, Jimmy Jacobs, Sinn Bodhi and some new heels.

Cactus Jack, Rip Rogers, and Mike Shaw~~~

Big pop for this.

Wonder who teams with 3.0?

3.Archie?

Gotta think a Flood team takes it this year, reminiscent of BDK. In fact Flood v 3.Archie finals makes a lot of sense.

I'm thinking I saw some results saying that Jigsaw walked out on the Shard at a Wrestling is show a little while back.  They lost the tag belts to the Throwbacks; Jigsaw doesn't really fit in well with the Flood anyway.

I feel like the Throwbacks might be a serious team and a contender this year (ie. no Matt Classic), not sure who the third would be though.  They'll have to face the Spirit Squad at some point I think. 

It's likely there will be a BDK team with Ares, Nokken and whoever their third guy is, GEKIDO team of 17, the ant that's still alive and the Shard.  I would guess that Jacobs is going to cash in his 3 points for a title match with Icarus at KoT as well unless they're saving that for a standalone show. 

Anyway, I'm excited for King of Trios even though i won't be able to go this year.  The 2012 show was the best live show I've went to in years.