DVDVR Message Board

UNFINISHED story lines, angles, etc. What's the rumor?

I always wondered what the endgame was for either of those "Vince gets killed" storylines they tried in the late 2000s (limo explosion and the stage collapsing on him during that million dollar promotion). If I remember right, the limo was supposed to tie into the illegitimate son storyline with Kennedy, but ended up being Hornswoggle. It was really awkward because they did the fake tribute show right before Benoit, and then had to scrap everything. I don't remember anything with the follow up to the stage collapse.

Yeah, the limo explosion was supposedly going to lead to Kennedy being revealed as Vince's illegitimate son and helping him get the company back (by wrestling,lol)

I think the stage collapse was just so they could stop doing the money give away.

That's what Meltzer said.  They certainly never seemed to have a follow-up plan.

Why did they drop Santino's "Honky-meter" IC run? Seems pretty strange to start that countdown and not even have him get close. Couldve been a huge moment regardless of him playing face/heel.

I think it was just to build up to a Honky appearance on PPV. When HTM had smashed a guitar over Santino's head, that was pretty much the payoff. The next night, Santino introduced the Honk-a-Mountie-Perfect Meter and lost the title to Regal in 30 seconds.

What was the deal supposed to be with someone in a Scream mask attacking people backstage in WCW?

Speaking of Raven, this probably doesn't count since it never went to television, but I remember a short period of time, where it was reported he was doing some kind of gay gimmick on the houseshows.

Anyone else remember that?

That is a genuinely frightening idea (that I would have loved to see). A sort of 'gay Raven' gimmick. That would be pro-wrestling's equivalent of Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy.

Speaking of Raven, this probably doesn't count since it never went to television, but I remember a short period of time, where it was reported he was doing some kind of gay gimmick on the houseshows.

Anyone else remember that?

I thought that was Kanyon?

I think Kanyon also proposed doing a gay gimmick to Vince, but I definitey remember reading a report in ealy 2002 or so of Raven doing something like this on the houseshows.

A quick Google search didn't bring anything up, though.

I randomly recall the Eddie/Hardys angle post Wrestlemania 17 where Eddie was trying to gain their trust and prove he was a good guy by saving them from beatdowns and whatnot but then the angle was dropped when Eddie was let go by WWE. I remember people being into it at the time and the assumption was Lita would turn on Matt and side with Eddie because no mamacita could resist the Latino Heat and that it would have catapulted him to the next level.

Then a year later a potential badass Austin/Eddie feud gets rudely interrupted by Austin's walkout. 

Speaking of creepy promos Raven gave one on Austin a few months before he left.  

"It wasn't Debra's family that had the emergency. It was Stone Cold Steve Austin's. In fact, it was Austin himself. Austin can conceal his pain no longer, because, from my vantage point, no matter how cleverly he may sneak upon a mirror, his reflection is always right there, to stare back at him. And do you know what he sees? He sees a troubled, tortured, tormented soul. I wish I could help him, Coach. But this is his destiny and I feel his pain. Quote the Raven, nevermore ..."

I remember in the summer 2000, they started a stable called The Conspiracy. It was Shane, Benoit, Angle, Show, and E/C. I think Show got hurt and they all went their separate ways after a couple weeks (Shane and Benoit stayed together through Fully Loaded at least). I would've liked to see that group as a top stable for a little bit.

summer '97, on WCW Saturday Night, for like 3 weeks in a row, Joey Maggs comes out and watches a Bobby Eaton match. Eaton loses, of course, each time.

it's now about 3 weeks later and it hasn't been brought up again. was this leading somewhere? i've been waiting for them to tag up at least or something, but nada.

I'm trying to find that incredibly homoerotic advertisement of Jim Powers, Alex Wright, The Renegade and someone else (Joe Gomez?) running along the beach and taking their shirts off but it doesn't appear to be on youtube.

Maybe vintage ads are the next thing they can put up on the network.