DVDVR Message Board

John Wayne Gacy's accomplices and undiscovered victims...

Brody

http://culturecrossfire.com/etc/unsolved-mysteries-and-scary-stuff-john-wayne-gacy/#.UffFsW0iy2AI delve into possible accomplices to the horrible crimes of John Wayne Gacy , how the police botched the investigation into further murder victims as well as touch upon 2 supernatural tales that surround Gacy prior to his capture.Opinions on the evidence presented is encouraged!

(Sorry if this seems SPAMy, I really am a huge wrestling nerd and have also done a bunch of shoot interview reviews for this site as well, and I'm posting this here in hopes of generating discussion - Mods please let me know if this is an issue)

Oh god Brody that's awful, even for you!

I wish we could get a discussion going somewhere about those Hinterfaick murders, that case just won't get outta my head ever since you told me about it. I seriously wanna write a book about that now; there's been a couple, but not nearly as many as you'd think for such a creepy incident.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god Brody that's awful, even for you!I wish we could get a discussion going somewhere about those Hinterfaick murders, that case just won't get outta my head ever since you told me about it. I seriously wanna write a book about that now; there's been a couple, but not nearly as many as you'd think for such a creepy incident.

What's this about now?

Someone in germany hid in a house for a few days with the family there then murdered them in a barn one at a time then stayed for a couple of days feeding the animals and people saw smoke coming out the chimney after the murders.

Someone in germany hid in a house for a few days with the family there then murdered them in a barn one at a time then stayed for a couple of days feeding the animals and people saw smoke coming out the chimney after the murders.

There's incest and other stuff involved. Jingus....

Yeah, it's a long story, and it's incredibly fucking creepy.  

Hinterkaifeck was the name of a family farm, located in the rural outskirts of Munich in hundred-years-ago Germany.  It was... not a nice place to live.  The patriarch Andreas Gruber was a cold, heartless man who beat his family and had an openly incestuous relationship with his grown daughter, to the point of having a child with her.  (They paid off a neighbor to claim the child as his; even in Weimar Germany, family-fucking was illegal.)  

In 1922, some weird shit started happening.  Their maid had a nervous breakdown and quit the farm in hysterics, insisting that the place was haunted and claiming to have heard strange sounds in the attic.  The father was said to be anxiously waiting on a mysterious letter, which was clearly very important to him, yet he became vague and evasive if asked exactly what it was.  The daughter abruptly withdrew all her money from the bank.  

And then the REALLY weird shit happened.  According to neighbors, the patriarch had told them several disturbing things.  They'd found a trail of footprints, leading out of the nearby woods to the farm... and no footprints walking away.  One of the house keys went missing.  The family found a strange newspaper in the house, from a far-away town they'd never been to.  And worst of all, the father swore he thought he heard footsteps in the attic.  (I assume they must have searched up there, and found... nothing.)  

On a Friday, a new maid arrived to replace the one who'd ran away screaming.  

On Sunday, the family didn't show up for church.  Neighbors, who saw smoke coming from Hinterkaifeck's chimney all weekend, didn't think much of it.  

On Monday, a mechanic visited the farm and found it empty.  Nobody was around.  A dog was tied up outside the house, furiously barking its ass off.  Meanwhile, the children didn't show up for school.  The postman noticed that Saturday's mail was still sitting there untouched. Neighbors started worrying.  

On Tuesday, some neighbors (including the fake baby-daddy) formed a search party.  They found the house and barn in relatively good shape, the animals had clearly been fed and watered.  But the previously-mentioned dog was nowhere to be found.  Eventually they discovered it hiding in the barn, wounded and cowering.  Two of the bedrooms had traces of blood in them.  

Searching the barn more closely, they came across something weird: a detached door, oddly positioned on top of a giant haystack.  They removed the door; underneath was a large hole filled with loosely-packed straw, as if someone had hastily filled it in.  They dug down into the hay... and found a dead human body.  And then another body.  And then another body.  And then another body.  And then another body.  And then one final body.  The entire family plus the new maid were all dead, and stacked vertically on top of each other inside the haystack.  

The police investigation theorized that the unknown killer had lured four of the five family members out to the barn, one by one, and gone total Jason Voorhees on them.  Then he'd gone into the house and murdered the maid and the youngest child in their beds, and carried their bodies to the barn.  Each death was caused by a single tremendous blow to the head from a pickaxe or something similar.  The killer must have been very familiar with his murder tool; there were no defensive wounds, no fucking around with tentative strikes or attempted shots to the limbs or torso.  One confident shot apiece, killing them all instantly.  

Except for the young daughter, whom apparently lived for hours afterwards, lying delirious on the dirty barn floor.  She had torn out several huge clumps of her own hair before she finally died.  

No apparent motive was ever found for the crimes.  The Grubers weren't exactly the most popular family around, father Andreas was a dick and the rest of the family were the meek abused types, but nobody had any idea why anyone would want to kill them all.  We know for sure that robbery was not the motive, because a large stash of gold coins and other valuables were found in the house, not really hidden and anyone who was looking for that kind of thing would've certainly found them (although it's possible some paper money was taken).  

The closest thing they ever came to having a suspect was the paid-off neighbor, whose own child had recently died and who had financial disputes with the Grubers and had acted very strangely when they were searching the house; years later, he made statements to the effect that the Grubers had got what was coming to them.  But the detail about the weird foreign newspaper would seem to indicate that the killer was not a local.  He didn't have a good alibi for the night of the murders, supposedly he'd stayed up in his own barn to watch out for burglars after hearing Andreas's weird stories.  But his family lived with him, and surely he couldn't have been away for days on end without them noticing.  

After the initial autopsies, the corpses were beheaded; the bodies were buried, and the skulls were sent to the big-city detectives in Munich.  "Clairvoyants" examined the skulls there, and of course came up with jack shit.  The heads were never returned, and eventually vanished during WWII, presumed lost or destroyed in Allied bombing raids.  

The farmhouse complex was torn down a few months after the murders, since there were no heirs and obviously nobody wanted to buy the damn place.  Today, nothing remains there but an empty field and a small shrine to the victims.  

If all that isn't creepy enough, just LOOK AT THIS FUCKING HOUSE OF HORRORS:

Posted Image

If the idea of THIS parade of inexplicable weirdness and atrocities in THAT barren, forbidding landscape isn't pure nightmare fuel, then I dunno what is.  And if you're the kind of sick fuck (like me and Brody) who likes looking at crime scene photos, there's a bunch of pictures of the bodies just a Google search away.  

A few books in German and a couple in French have been written about the murders, but none in English (except for one obscure English translation of one of the French books).  I wanna be a writer, and it seems like a book on all this mind-blowing shit would be an easy slam-dunk to turn into a worthwhile piece of true crime writing.  

• Like 1

Off and on over the years, I get into stuff like this.  But as Jingus noted, it's creepy as hell and sometimes, you just gotta know when to leave stuff like this alone.  But curiousity got the best of me and I read about this after it was first mentioned here. Holy mustard on a stick, it's up there in terms of just plain old WTF-ness.  And missing heads to boot.  Yikes, you just can't make up stuff like this. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Story is creepy, but don't see what's creepy about the buildings / setting in the picture.  A black and white photo doesn't make something barren just because it's a black and white representation. 

It looks like a farmhouse and barn with some rolling hills in the background.  Unless you're "city folk" you've probably seen some farmhouses and barns before and not been weirded out.

I know, maybe I stated it badly, but something about that just looks wrong.  It LOOKS like the kind of place where you'd have a horrifying mass murder.  Not in the overt haunted-house way, but in a manner that feels bleak and hopeless and bereft of warmth or joy.  Not Friday the 13th, but rather more like Picnic at Hanging Rock.  

Maybe not just the B&W, but the photo is faded in a way that makes it seem like it comes from that time in the early 20th century when we assume horrible things were going on in out of the way corners in the advancement of "science."

Like, if you take any photo of any bland government building and fade it just like that, and suddenly it looks like some horrible bedlam-style asylum where WWII era doctors were experimenting with LSD on mental patients.

We just sort of associate "back then" with bizarre goings-on.  Not to bring too much real world into it, but probably because that's the same amount of "white fade" or whatever its called that you see in pictures of Nazi Germany.  If you tole me that photo was the site of some horrible SS murders that took place at a former spa, I'd be like "Of course it is. That's exactly what that is."

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 8/2/2013 at 9:15 AM, Jingus said:

Oh god Brody that's awful, even for you!

I wish we could get a discussion going somewhere about those Hinterfaick murders, that case just won't get outta my head ever since you told me about it. I seriously wanna write a book about that now; there's been a couple, but not nearly as many as you'd think for such a creepy incident.

Mueller did it.

For as long as I can remember, I've been fascinated by serial killers, usually reading anything on the subject. What I find especially interesting is killers that never are caught. I'm also very interested in the nature vs. nurture debate. 

Fun fact: Jeffrey Dahmer was killed in prison on my 14th birthday, November 28, 1994.

• RIPPA locked this topic