DVDVR Message Board

I'm taking the plunge...

Ramsey

I am also very intrigued by No Man's Sky after seeing some stuff about it from E3.

Also, there's The Division and Rainbow Six:Siege coming out at some point next year...more blown away by RS:S, but both seem like quality shit.

As of right now... Destiny will be where it's at in about 3 weeks.  You get some (timed)exclusives on PS4, and it will look sooo soo pretty.

The DS4 is a fantastic design in terms of how comfortable it fits in my hand, but it wears down quickly. I don't bash my stuff around or abuse my controllers, but I had to send one back about four months after launch because the right trigger got stuck. The rubber covers on the thumbsticks also erode kinda quickly. I am hoping that more games do cool stuff with the in-controller audio and the touchpad; really, only inFamous: SS has tried to use both in cool ways.

I read about the thumbsticks. Gotta order Kontrol Freeks the same time I order the console.

• 1 month later...

Double posting here, because I got a call from the financial department from school today.  Turns out they owe me about $1900 from last year, and apparently it's money that I don't have to pay back.  Looks like I'll be taking the plunge soon as well lol.

• Like 1

What Tabe said. I put so much time into AC4 and had a blast with it. A great, great game. Between that and NBA, I recommend giving the FIFA and PES demos a shot. Rogue Legacy is a sidescroller with retro graphics but it's an incredible game that you may want to try out if you haven't already. Don't Starve is rad but better played on PC. Watch Dogs was okay but reminded me a great deal of the first Assassin's Creed in that it showed potential but was marred by poor design flaws that could be easily fixed for the inevitable sequel. If you have buds that come over, Towerfall Ascension is a great way to spend 30 or 60 minutes. It's only local multiplayer though, so be warned. Are you going to take the leap into Destiny despite your aversion to FPS shooters?

In summation, find Black Flag on the cheap and pick up the new NBA. You should be set for a while. In reality, you haven't missed much in the console's first year and now is a good time to pick one up with the upcoming release of a bunch of interesting games. Oh, and when you do get it, let us know your PSN name!

Thanks for the recommendations!  I'm excited for next year with Arkham Knight and POSSIBLY Kingdom Hearts III.  I might try Destiny, but I simply can't do FPS games, due to to extreme motion sickness.  So even the rare good one like a Bioshock or Destiny, I can't even get into.  I'll look at AC4 even though I've never dove into the series too much.

Naughty Dog is pretty good about announcing a game/setting a release date relatively quickly. I know with The Last Of Us there was a delay, so you are probably right.

Recently, they were tweets from people involved showing actors in mocap suits for UC4. So I think it's still on track for a 2015 release date.

EDIT: It's also rumored that God of War IV is coming from Santa Monica Studios. I wouldn't be surprised to see the announcement trailer in December at VGX.

I think things are gonna shift for the new generation of consoles when a really big game comes out without a PS3/Xbox version. Like if Destiny had been for XBox One only. There's nothing I particulary wanna play on a next generation system, and I don't even run Netflix or WWE Network on my XBox now. All I use it for is playing games. So when a game comes out that I really, really want, on XBox One only, I'll strongly consider plopping down the bucks.

Or if my XBox breaks. Then why buy a new one, go ahead and upgrade. 

I think things are gonna shift for the new generation of consoles when a really big game comes out without a PS3/Xbox version. Like if Destiny had been for XBox One only. There's nothing I particulary wanna play on a next generation system, and I don't even run Netflix or WWE Network on my XBox now. All I use it for is playing games. So when a game comes out that I really, really want, on XBox One only, I'll strongly consider plopping down the bucks.

Or if my XBox breaks. Then why buy a new one, go ahead and upgrade.

21 days until Sunset Overdrive!