DVDVR Message Board

Confessions of a wrestling fan

I honestly thought the Kennel from Hell was going to be awesome.

When they announced it, I had visions of the dogs running around inside the hell in a cell. The Poonjab (say it like the Undertaker) was everything the Kennel match could have been (minus the dogs).

Come on, 9 pages in and nobody has admitted they thought Bill Clinton was at Survivor Series 95... 

Ugh, make that 10 now. 

Wait? He WAS at SS 95? Right? Or was that just cute editing?

*Fires up Network*

Probably one of the most disturbing things I heard was a normally straight guy (girlfriend and all - no 'secret life') admitting to me that he found Goldust's 1996 antics sexy and Goldust's bodysuit more than complimentary to Goldust's physique.

Stan Hansen legitamitely scared the shit outta me when I was a kid - hell, he still does

I gave Sid the finger at a WCW House show at the Meadowlands and he looked in my direction in 91. Scariest moment of my life up to that point.

Come on, 9 pages in and nobody has admitted they thought Bill Clinton was at Survivor Series 95... 

Ugh, make that 10 now. 

I actually got to work with that impersonater about 10 years ago. Nice guy.

Ugh, make that 10 now.

Wait? He WAS at SS 95? Right? Or was that just cute editing?

*Fires up Network*

Probably one of the most disturbing things I heard was a normally straight guy (girlfriend and all - no 'secret life') admitting to me that he found Goldust's 1996 antics sexy and Goldust's bodysuit more than complimentary to Goldust's physique.

Why was it disturbing ? Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious.

I really liked the American badass version of the undertaker. He managed to have some great matches with Jeff and HHH.

His theme when he turned heel was fucking amazing. That's another confession of mine: If I didn't like a wrestler's theme back when I was young, I never gave 'em the time of day. Took me a LONG time to break that habit.

Stan Hansen legitamitely scared the shit outta me when I was a kid - hell, he still does

Oh God, YES. Stan getting his chewing tobacco all over the ring during that US Title match with Luger was one of the most disgusting things I'd seen in the business up to that point. Will admit that him spanking Missy at SuperBrawl '91 made me laugh my ass off, though.

As a lifelong heavy metal fan, I've always been kinda offended that pretty much every single metalhead gimmick that's ever been portrayed in wrestling paints us as morons who mosh and headbang in public places that aren't metal shows. I'm not kidding. I think the only time it's ever been done right is Bull Nakano wearing a Megadeth shirt and stomping the shit out of whoever. 

I would always change the channel over to RAW whenever Regal or Finlay were on Nitro, except for when either of them were pushing Prince Iaukea around. I just didn't like either of them. 

I've read a lot of crap on boards about The Road Warriors being awful workers. Yeah, I get the no selling thing. I don't care. I'll watch the shit out of their matches. For me, they pretty much personify pro wrestling. They were my favorites when I was a kid and the goddamn coolest thing going at the time, right up until I saw Muta do a moonsault on the Power Hour. 

I never got Flair. My first exposure to him was his Royal Rumble win. But I never thought he was a top wrestler.

tumblr_inline_mpb6rjWJeE1qz4rgp.gif

1673521b4df2621dc233c1e4b765bbc71e08822.

DO YOU HAVE THE NETWORK?!?!?!?!?!?!  Watch every Flair match from 1989 and I'm certain you'll change your mind.

i've never been a flair fan either. as a kid i saw the flair/funk i quit match and thought it was boring and didn't like it at all. then he feuded with Savage, which is insta-hate for me, then in the nWo era he was old and looked like shit more times than not. three strikes.

but i will second the love for the LoD being amazing. my all-time favorite tag team.

i've never been a flair fan either. as a kid i saw the flair/funk i quit match and thought it was boring and didn't like it at all. then he feuded with Savage, which is insta-hate for me, then in the nWo era he was old and looked like shit more times than not. three strikes.

but i will second the love for the LoD being amazing. my all-time favorite tag team.

tumblr_inline_n7bmt8rHF21qhyh96.gif