DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: TAKESHI MORISHIMA

RIPPA

Morishima vs. Homicide looked horrible on paper but turned out to be awesome aside from the jumping hip attack that only hits oxygen.

Jesus, I'd never take a Backdrop Suplex or a Ura-nage from this guy.

This guy was internet darling back in the day and could do no wrong - alas, last thing I saw him doing was his Danielson ROH fued. I notice the vast majority of these vids are from around that time too, so how has his career faired since then? Not great?

His entire feud with Danielson is must see for fans of either wrestler.

Yeah, must-see for everyone to realize how overrated this chubby chode was. (Even aside from him injuring Danielson 247 times in a row, which is certainly worth mentioning all by itself; this is the guy whom we can all blame for Bryan spending the rest of his life half-blind.) I remember the finish to one of those matches was Danielson snapping and stomping Morishima in the balls literally twenty or thirty times in a row, earning a DQ. Immediately afterwards, Takeshi... calmly rolled out of the ring and casually walked back to the locker room like absolutely nothing had just happened. Heysus Christos, SELL SOMETHING you big fat phony.
  • Like 1