DVDVR Message Board

Co-oping Toward Hatred

Big Fresh

(engage douche mode)As a seasoned Turtle Beach user (/end douche mode), move the mic further away from your mouth/nose, and either down or up.  Also, Im not sure if there is a quick fix if it's the actual mic catching the other person's voice, and not an issue with the controller/headset creating the echo.  If it's the sensitivity of the mic on the headset, you can try turning down the chat volume (but I'm 99% sure that's just the sound in the cans, not the mic) I don't think there is an adjustment for that on the TB's unless you have the ones that are crazy expensive. If this is the issue, and I mean proximity to your cohort, try moving further away from each other if at all possible, like another room.

You can also try taking the batteries out of the controller and the headset, then put them back in (depending on who is creating the echo).  This will eliminate the echo which I have experienced on XBL in Call of Duty numerous times from my own TB's and other's.  If you're using a charging cable on the controller (more prevalent on the 360), take that off.  This will cause a feedback in the TB's.

The mic will pick up audio from the TV if you're close to it and it is still playing sound, so turn it all the way down.  I wish I could watch the vids right now and help troubleshoot a little better, but the overlords here @ work have us on bandwidth restrictions right now :-( meaning no streaming of audio/video.  

• Like 1

Thanks, but the headsets aren't plugged into our controllers, they're plugged into my PC for capturing. It's also impossible to go into another room, we gotta play the game next to each other.

I'm gonna try to turn down the sensitivity, plus turn up the game audio in the videos to drown out the echo. Also this: gonna tell the Bear to pipe the fuck down. He's a loud dude.

• Like 2

Donkey Kong gameplay hatred was epic!

WHERE IS MY JETPACK~!?

We need to get an engineer and production staff over there stat so it doesn't sound like the mic is shoved right up your nose.

Toucan Sam is definitely the Froot Loops mascot.

I find it amusing that the role of crazy completionist JT in this enterprise is being played by Fresh while progress at all costs Fresh is being played by Bear.

• Like 1

The mic against my face is an easy fix, and believe me, it was the first thing I noticed while I tried to edit these and I'm still kicking myself for it.

Oh well, we're learning as we go.

I got the crazy urge to do Rampage: Total Destruction. If we record on a day before Diablo 3 hits PS4 (which is Tuesday), we'll do that. If not, it'll be pushed back.

I am a dragon.  My use of power is always tempered with wisdom.

You guys will reach hatred status in record time if you play Diablo 3.   The new Rift content will infuriate you guys..

Rippa and I will cheerfully help destroy your friendship if you guys jump into Mass Effect 3 co-op or GTA Online on 360.

Can't do GTA or Mass Effect. Or any online co-op game. That would require another El Gato (our capture device) and another computer. So only single-screen co-op games.

Since neither of us have ever played Diablo, the goal there is to piss off as many hardcore Diablo fans as possible. But that's nothing compared to what's next.... A co-op campaign in Magic: The Gathering. Which neither of us know shit about.

Can't do GTA or Mass Effect. Or any online co-op game. That would require another El Gato (our capture device) and another computer. So only single-screen co-op games.

Too bad.  I was looking forward to the comedic outburst when Bear gets insta-killed by a Phantom.

OH, THAT IS BULLSHIT RIGHT THERE, MATE~!

• Like 1

Here is a schedule of upcoming dates we're gonna try to hit. We got a million idea to fill in the gaps, but here's some stuff we gotta do before the year ends:

ASAP - Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

ASAP - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

ASAP - New Super Mario Brothers U (Wii U)

ASAP - New Super Luigi U (Wii U)

ASAP - Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers

Before October 13th - Borderlands 2 (360)

Before November 11th - Halo: Spartan Assault (XBone) & Possibly other Halo's

Before November 18th - Sonic Colors

Before November - Super Smash Bros Brawl & Super Smash Bros Project M (Wii U)

August 19th - Diablo 3 (PS4)

August 27th - Mario Kart 8 Mercedes-Benz DLC (Wii U)

September 9th - NHL '15 (XBone)

September 26th - Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

October 13th - Borderlands: the Pre-Sequel (360)

October 28th - WWE 2K15 (XBone)

November 11th - Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBone)

November 18th - Sonic Boom: Rise of the Lyric (Wii U)

November - Super Smash Bros (Wii U)

• Like 1

The mic against my face is an easy fix, and believe me, it was the first thing I noticed while I tried to edit these and I'm still kicking myself for it.

I got the crazy urge to do Rampage: Total Destruction. If we record on a day before Diablo 3 hits PS4 (which is Tuesday), we'll do that. If not, it'll be pushed back.

If you have a PS3, I recommend doing Double Dragon Neon.

If you have a PS3, I recommend doing Double Dragon Neon.

It's on our list. But I can't promise we'll get to it soon.

For the record, I have a PS4, PS3, X-Box 360, X-Box One, and Wii U (which is obviously backwards capatible with Wii) that we can use.

If you have a PS3, I recommend doing Double Dragon Neon.

It's on our list. But I can't promise we'll get to it soon.

For the record, I have a PS4, PS3, X-Box 360, X-Box One, and Wii U (which is obviously backwards capatible with Wii) that we can use.

Of course you do. 

I have a kid, a mortgage, a Wii, and a cat. The cat is not backwards compatible.