DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/15/14

victor

Looks like a pretty good show this time, to me.

"* SmackDown kicks off with The Miz calling Roman Reigns out for MizTV. Reigns gets a pretty big reaction. Miz keeps interrupting Reigns so Reigns decks him with a shot to the mouth. Reigns cuts a promo on beating Randy Orton at SummerSlam and gets a big pop.

* Dean Ambrose defeated Cesaro in a good back & forth match. Seth Rollins came out after the match and cut a promo on Ambrose.

* Reigns vs. The Miz is announced for later.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Titus O’Neil.

* Mark Henry defeated Luke Harper by DQ when Erick Rowan interfered. Kane comes out and makes a tag match.

* Henry and Big Show defeated Rowan and Harper in a good tag match. They got a big pop after the win.

* Eva Marie defeated AJ Lee by count out when AJ chased after Paige who was taunting her. Paige ends up beating AJ down in the ring and skipping away.

* Jack Swagger squashed Bo Dallas. Lana and Rusev came out after the match to huge heat and USA chants. Bo complained that he didn’t really tap out.

* Roman Reigns defeated The Miz in a decent main event. The Miz tried to bail on the match but Dolph Ziggler ran down and threw him back in the ring. Reigns celebrated to end SmackDown."

I was at this show live. Just got back was really fucking fun. The biggest reaction of the night was Lana/Rusev. I could here any thing Lana was saying the USA chants were THAT loud. The Main Event matches were alot of fun too. Big E and Fandango had a dark match before the Main Event taping's. Xavier Woods & Adam Rose had a match between Main Event and Smackdown. One last thing and I'll shut up a huge YES! chant started up after Kane restarted the Henry/Harper match as a tag match.

Eva Marie is 2-0 against the champ. In WWE doesn't this usually lead to a title match?

Night of champions bro. Speaking of AJ/Eva the crowd was annoying chanting CM Punk during the match. Only gripe I have mainly because my brother and I tried to start a "hair extensions" chant towards Eva and it didn't catch on.

Eva Marie is 2-0 against the champ. In WWE doesn't this usually lead to a title match?

Night of champions bro. Speaking of AJ/Eva the crowd was annoying chanting CM Punk during the match. Only gripe I have mainly because my brother and I tried to start a "hair extensions" chant towards Eva and it didn't catch on.

Actually it did and, long story short, it led to Eva Marie trending and eventually to the downfall of society.  So we had to send some guys back in a time machine to start the Punk chant instead.

You might be surprised how often something like this has happened.

• Like 8

You noted who go the most reaction, but I want to know who got crickets? Was there anyone's push not match the reaction they got? What was the crowd's general reaction (more specifically the people you sat around) to anything and everything Miz related.

I sat around a few 15 year old boys so Rollins had a few faint Tyler Black chants. Miz got mix reactions but the more he kept talking the more heat he got. Ryback got a few Goldberg chants RVD stopped those by starting those rally claps as Sheamus was in a headlock. Eva Marie didn't get much of a reaction. AJ got a good reaction then a CM Punk chant. I was out getting refreshments during Dolph-Oneil so I'm not sure there. All and all it was a pretty reactive crowd. They were quite a few times during matches but I attribute that to the crowd watching the match and once a cool spot happened the crowd got loud. I don't wanna give too much away.

I think they decided the New Nation gimmick might be more negative publicity than it was worth. And I can't imagine anyone wanting to bring it back in the wake of Ferguson.

I bet most people on the writing team would not what that was.

Hey, I was at the show too.  Suites are the way to go for this kinda thing, trust me.

Nobody that's been at the show has mentioned the fact that Miz got absolutely 100% potatoed by the punch from Reigns during MizTV.  You could see his jaw bounce out and back in.  There were several slow motion replays throughout the night of the punch.  Just glorious.

Of course, during the match Reigns then missed the apron dropkick by a country mile, so it all evens out in the end.

Cesaro vs. Ambrose was darn good, with Cesaro even pulling out a WWE-version Burning Hammer.  A few good combos into European uppercuts, too.

Bo being squashed by Swagger comes across better in action than in print - the match was just getting started when Bo made one bad move and Swagger snagged the anklelock out of nowhere.  To me it came across more like Swagger just happened to find an opening and took it, which to me would get him over far better.

Bo also cut a quick post-match promo for the WWE App saying he forgave the silly referee for mistaking him reaching for the ropes as a tapout, and said that Rusev would crush Swagger at SummerSlam.

Post-show, the Wyatts and Corporate Kane and Rollins came out to "teach a lesson" to Reigns, but Ambrose and Sheamus ran in and helped clear house.  The only appearance for Bray, and he took one bump (a Superman Punch from Reigns) and skedaddled.  Brogue Kicks for Harper and Rowan, and a spear for Kane.  No dark match.

Guest meowput

MizTV with Reigns was awesome. These two need to be in a feud post-Summerslam.

Smackdown is as good as Raw is bad.

MizTV with Reigns was just amazing - his is a career-saver for Miz right now. The match itself was fun, but not as good as Ambrose-Cesaro. Easy night of stuff to just zoom through since there was an hour and 18 minutes of actual content and even then, there were video packages.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/wwe-sd-8-15-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gp2yoivqvdoeorpe1zqv1rwx9ru3dclt