DVDVR Message Board
odessasteps

DC Comics omnibus thread

Poor Dan. 

The popularity of Reprints are pointing out what lots of his readers prefer to the current books. 

• Like 1

How popular are reprints?

DC wanting to fix their timeline isn't shocking. Whether or not they actually fix it successfully just seems very unlikely. 

This is apparently a quote from DC panel from SD

We do these Facsimile Editions where we reprint older issues of comics including all the old ads and stuff…and in some cases these are selling more than the new comics with these characters. People are more interested in buying the stories from 30 or 40 years ago than the contemporary stories, and that’s a failure on us.

• Like 2

maybe, and this is just a shot in the dark, but maybe don't ignore fan favorite characters, then bring them back only to pull a character assassination on them?

too radical?

• Thanks 2

As to not completely crap on current books, Jimmy Olsen #1 is as good as expected. 

The irony in Dan "Gonna bring all the Silver Age iterations back to prominance!" DiDio complaining that folks prefer nostalgia to moving forward is...pronounced.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying DC knows how to get my money, but Absolute Fourth World is a pretty good way to do that.

• Like 1

816 pages!?! Damn, I think that might be the biggest Absolute ever

Oooh, Young Justice trades are back.

Yeah the DC collections this month were just all around great looking. I'm also pumped more non-Kirby Fourth World is getting collected.

EAW8tT3W4AA-Odc?format=jpg

Pretty sure the mystery female who is the cornerstone of Millennium is:

Rose/Thorn

Seems Bendis will have Earth destroyed in his Legion run.  However the Legion forms after Earth is destroyed?

Honestly the most upsetting thing about the new Legion series is that it's almost definitely going to ignore the great Electric Warriors because it was only read by me and four other people.

It's not the world's best comic but Justice League Odyssey's been pretty good. It had time to breathe, to build, and it's hitting a fairly satisfying payoff, just for putting the work and effort into it.