DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

They stuck the landing on Doomsday Clock. 

Yep, though I'm dreading a lot of what it seems to set up.

Spoiler

More crises?  Ugh.

The stuff about Superman leading into the crisis of 2025?  Double ugh.

a time crisis in 2025.  Um... pass.

Fortunately, DC probably won't even remember this tease by 2025 - or the four or four Crises between now and then will invalidate 2025..

Batman Beyond: 10,000 Clowns. This book collects Batman Beyond Unlimited #1-13. 10,000 Clowns Prelude is just that to the title story as Batman takes on a group of Jokerz from outside Nu-Gotham. Bruce thinks someone has managed to organize them, it’s a good setup. The Trigger Man is a fun story as Mad Stan’s guns and dog are taken by a Russian gang, Batman gets caught up in it. There’s a big development for Tim Drake, so too in a later story. Legends of the Dark Knight: Jake tells the background of Jake, his rise, fall wand wanting to make amends of it, a good story.

In the title story, Batman and his allies have to contend with attacks on Gotham City by Jokerz suicide bombers led by the Joker King. This was a great story, Terry, Bruce, Tim and the Joker King all have standout moments. Bruce’s is bad ass. The story introduced me to Dick Grayson and Catwoman for the first time in the Batman Beyond universe. Very good writing of the Bruce/Terry relationship through the whole book. A welcome return for this fan to the Batman Beyond world having watched Batman of the Future as it’s called in the UK, the Justice League episodes he appeared in, Batman Beyond: Industrial Revolution book and now this.

• Like 1

DC plans to restore various pre-flashpoint stories, Superboy stuff, WW2 Wonderwoman etc back in. But everything happened in realtime.

Superman might be in his late 50s.

So it's either around 1997 to 2000  in universe or they moved World War 2 up and it's 2020 in universe.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Seems like the Ric era is over for Nightwing. And the NTT line up is restored in history (no Cyborg though) along with their old costumes except Robins outfit is nu52.

source?

i've been waiting for this Ric nonsense to end for an eternity and don't want to get my hopes up

• Like 1