DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

This is apparently a quote from DC panel from SD

We do these Facsimile Editions where we reprint older issues of comics including all the old ads and stuff…and in some cases these are selling more than the new comics with these characters. People are more interested in buying the stories from 30 or 40 years ago than the contemporary stories, and that’s a failure on us.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

There have been so many misstepswith this Legion relaunch that I'm contemplating skipping it altogether (my worst fear is that after 2 years Bendis will try to redo TGDS and that's been tried)

James

Just now, J.H. said:

There have been so many misstepswith this Legion relaunch that I'm contemplating skipping it altogether (my worst fear is that after 2 years Bendis will try to redo TGDS and that's been tried)

James

That's an odd statement for something where not a single page of actual comic has been released yet and very little actual detailed information has been released. It's all been very general conceptual thoughts on what Bendis is trying to do (1. Make it hopeful. 2. Make it a "take-all-the-best-bits-possible" version. 3. Build it through Millennium).

I can't even begin to figure out what you'd think is a misstep so far. Not because I disagree whether it's a misstep or not, just because there's literally nothing to judge so far except for character designs and that very broad ethos.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's not the world's best comic but Justice League Odyssey's been pretty good. It had time to breathe, to build, and it's hitting a fairly satisfying payoff, just for putting the work and effort into it.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm an Azrael fan and like the general team assembled for it.

Currently re-reading Mr Miracle and Forever People looking for a panel that's been burned into my brain for 20 years but may not actually exist, an overhead shot of Parademons marching thru the streets of Armaghetto with a caption explaining that without the Equation, Apokolips runs on a counterfeit Anti-Life fueled by propaganda.