DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

16 hours ago, D.Z said:

If fans want to understand current DC history, they're gonna have to do it themselves via piecing things together. Which people been doing since 1985 (Coie) and every other reality altering crisis since like Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis,  Flashpoint etc. Wiki and several other sites are there for people to use. 

Someone on comic book resources already made a list of what exists and not exists.
https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?87433-Examples-of-Pre-Flashpoint-Canon-Reasserting-Itself-in-the-DC-Universe

Reading that made my head hurt.

My memory is fuzzy, but I know JDR was the original writer on both JSA and Hawkman before Johns took them over. And JDR was a huge Hawkman mark (I believe he told me that himself once.) 

I havent read the Hawkman companion that Two Morrows did in years, so cant recall who may have been responsible for what parts of his renaissance.  

58 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They were co-writing Hawkman at the start, then jdr dropped off at some point, I think fairly early.

Ah. I thought they co wrote JSA for the first arc and  then JDR left but that he wrote Hawkman solo and then Johns took over. 

(I'm at work so not able to quickly fact check.)

Now that Dr.M mucked around with Alan and the Kent's, I'm starting to think the same for Mon-El. Probably he died before meeting Superman.

The Legion is once again from the 30th century and not the 31st. Also the leather ban came from another reboot I can't remember I think. They also mentioned the Superman inspiration instead of Superboy.

Saturn Girl seems unhinged though, as if the future she's from is not what it seems...

6 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Ginny Hex, descendent of Jonah and science action hero.

Jonah having kids and descendants feels both wrong and right. I wonder if any are related to Tallulah

Welp...

(Heroes in Crisis spoilers)

Spoiler

Roy gets a funeral in Green Arrow and has Bruce specifically tell Jason in Red Hood. So I guess he might stay dead. Meanwhile, Wally gets no mention as Flash is in the middle of a story.