DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

5 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Sidekicks gave the former target audience a character they could identify with.

Now nerds think that Spider-Man being married makes him too old and unhip.  They worship at the altar of Batman as a loner/anti-authority figure while lapping up story after story where he sets up a goddamn police state and then bag on Superman for being a boy scout/government stooge.

Isn't the Spider-man issue more a writer issue than fan issue?

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The worst part is Rebirth course corrected a lot of it and was a smashing success critically and commercially. Yet here they are rolling it back down into hell.

When Didio begs Johns to come back and fix things again, Johns really should tell him to fuck off. The man isn't even completely gone, and Didio is already back to breaking shit.

Didio and DC and bleeding cool and cbr sale lists already proved NU52 was more successful than DC you and rebirth combined in total sales. (Pre flashpoint sold less) With Geoff demoted, expect less pre flashpoint or any rebirth inspired elements to fade away.  Rebirth was the course correction for DC YOU. 

Didio doesn't like several stuff like marriages and Wally, the bawahahah comedy era. 

That's a bad idea but, tbh it's a better idea than 

Wally running through the place with two machine guns killing everyone, which is part of the other big rumor. Best guess is that'll end up being a Reverse Flash. And then we'll see on the Suicide Squad thing. But this all sounds terrible.

All this sounds terrible.

Spoiler

Citizen Steel dying kind of pisses me off despite having read nothing with outside of Johns's JSA run. The stuff with Wally is just moronic, be that killing either off or putting either in Suicide Squad.

10 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Honestly I only really trust BC here. They have a track record for this sort of stuff. And it's weird, I hate this in principle. It's Identity Crisis v2. But Tom King isn't Brad Meltzer. I've enjoyed nearly all of his work enough to give this a shot.

I fully expect the scene as BC reports it to happen in #1, but for it to be a fakeout like others said.  

Iris's monologue about the hardest days of Wally's life being ahead of him but she's seen what happens after at the end of Flash #51 would make zero sense if they just bury him and move on.

17 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I fully expect the scene as BC reports it to happen in #1, but for it to be a fakeout like others said.  

Hide contents

Iris's monologue about the hardest days of Wally's life being ahead of him but she's seen what happens after at the end of Flash #51 would make zero sense if they just bury him and move on.

I mean, that alone wouldn't do it but

Spoiler

Williamson seems to be one of the golden children of DC right now so I don't expect they'd undercut him that badly and immediately.

3 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Honestly I only really trust BC here. They have a track record for this sort of stuff. And it's weird, I hate this in principle. It's Identity Crisis v2. But Tom King isn't Brad Meltzer. I've enjoyed nearly all of his work enough to give this a shot.

The way King was originally talking about this I suspect a lot of this stuff is more on Didio than King.

16 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I loved The Vision, liked Grayson for the most part while Batman is very hit and miss, mostly the latter.

I would forgive all the awfulness that looks like it will happen if DC gives Topo and Tusky their own books. My Topo idea is for him to be a cephalopod version of the Punisher with machine guns in 6 of his arms blowing away scores of bad guys in the most violent fashion possible. The Tad Williams Topo should be his sidekick.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:47 PM, The Unholy Dragon said:

So uhhhhhh Bleeding Cool is saying the other big Heroes in Crisis #1 death is...

Hide contents

Wally West

I...wait...what?

Heroes in Crisis #1 SPOILER:

Yes. Apt phrase used by you:  I...wait...what?

It's a pretty well crafted comic, especially on the idea that all of this will just be undone later.

That said, DC deserves to have their comics wing shelved by WB forever and replaced by a series of people unboxing things on youtube. 

That they didn't even have the patience to do a year's work of character development using Sanctuary before getting right to the mass deaths is so telling and immature.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Alan Scott never became Green Lantern due to Dr.Manhattan. He dies and never had children. Rich however is wrong about no JSA, there's just likely no Alan as to keep Hal as Earth's first human Green Lantern lore in(similar to Earth 1). Plus it already has been said the JSA is a covert ww2 group whisked away by Thunder.