DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

Guys. Read The Unexpected before it gets cancelled. It's Steve Orlando doing a bonkers love letter to Grant Morrison's stuff. The team is still settling but it looks to include a Challenger of the Unknown and the DC One Million Robin with enemies including Onimar Synn and freaking Mandrakk. And all of it with a quasi Seven Soldiers meets JLA feel. It's totally bonkers and I'd really love if it didn't die in like six issues.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:17 AM, twiztor said:

we are 1/3 of the way through Doomsday Clock and still haven't seen Superman. or Doc Manhattan. or, really, anything worthwhile.  Don't get me wrong, i'm gonna keep reading, but i'm glad i'm not supporting this with money.

four months and two issues later. my feelings are the exact same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Didio is teasing just like he did with Dick Grayson a decade ago.

To be fair, Geoff Johns had to talk him out of killing Dick, and wound up basically offering to sacrifice Connor instead.

But I don't think there's much chance they'll kill Wally off this soon after bringing him back, and I think there's only a slight chance he'll actually be the killer in Heroes in CRISIS. 

If the one rumour is true though

Wally in Azzarello's Suicide Squad

That would still be really fucking stupid

Re: Wally

I think the rumor is that Zoom takes his face and frames him.

Frankly, it's all a massive disappointment based on what King was initially saying. I know you need drama and conflict but it sounded like Sanctuary was going to be something much more character driven instead of Identity Crisis II. At the least they could have built it up for a year and used it for a set piece for a while before leaning this way. 

If true that sounds pretty similar to 

Spoiler

The return of Barry Allen that Waid wrote

Admittedly, hard to do completely original ideas, but given the characters involved, too close to a retread. UNLESS, this story references that one, but I doubt that. 

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

There's nothing more groanworthy than Batman saying "Justice League Dark" on panel. Next he's going to talk about the WWE Universe.

The Shadowpact was a much better name in universe for the resident magic team, even if JLD is probably better for selling books

DC cancelled the Shazam! Monster Society of Evil hardcover for the same vintage racism concerns as 7 or 8 years ago when they cancelled it last time. 

Gotta be a movie thing because we have two hardcovers of pre-Batman Detective Comics coming. Still disappointing given how important the story is to the history of longer form serialization in comics.