DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

As for Flash 50, seems only negative speed-force users can still time travel (Professor Zoom). The villain at the end seems to be the pre-Crisis Anti-Monitor and not the Nu52 one Geoff Created.

Rebirth was a partial deboot, but the Young Justice run and later Titans run with Bart still never happened (Conner Kent doesn't exist exist either). So that might explain why he is younger.

16 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So Snyder's Justice League is very, very, very much not good, right? We're all on the same page on this one?

I'm not reading it so I can't say. I've read the first two volumes of All-Star Batman and I haven't enjoyed them like I did his New 52 Batman run with Greg Capullo. Not read Metal which came after. Will do Metal at some point.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

So SCOTT Snyder's Justice League is very, very, very much not good, right? We're all on the same page on this one?

Shhh. If he hears you say that he will bash your head in with a magic doorknob.

But seriously, every New Justice book so far is less than its predecessor

I'm having fun with Snyder's Justice League. It's not great but it's sort of wild and inventive and high stakes which is more or less what I want a Big 7 League book to be. Haven't read issue 4 yet though.

In 'How was this madness greenlit?' news, Electric Warriors was just announced. Six issues by Steve Orlando acting as a Legion of Superheroes post-Kamandi in a Great Disaster timeline. It sounds great but I cannot believe it got an okay.

Rebirth reviews:

Doomsday Clock #5 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank’s art. Business is picking up with the worldwide tensions relating to superheroes actions and are they made alleged in the Supermen Theory? I really enjoyed that, the verbal confrontation between Batman and Ozymandias perspectives and the supplemental material investigating the Metahuman Menace. One of the best issues of the book.

"Kelly Sue DeConnick and artist Robson Rocha are taking over as writer of DC Comics' Aquaman title. In the story, Arthur Curry washes up on an island with no memory of who he is. While attempting to rediscover who he is, he meets former sea gods that have been forgotten and were also marooned on the island."

Also Azz Sucide Squad, David F Walkers Flash book eventually might be announced.