On 2/21/2018 at 12:41 AM, Dragonzombie said:

Axed Dc books 

Birds of prey
Bombshells
Super sons

Possible axed
Supergirl.
Harley Quinn.

Shame about Super Sons cancellation. A funny book I look forward to getting with the one misstep I covered, the Super Sons of Tomorrow crossover.

On 2/21/2018 at 1:09 AM, Eivion said:

That is damn shame about Super Sons. I really dug the first volume.

Best of the lot. Definitely check out Super Sons #10.

Bombshells getting the axe is weird, given that it gets a lot of good press and does really solid digital sales + other monetized channels (Hoopla, etc.) and it's part of the Digital office.

Of the new age of heroes books, Damage is fun enough but dumb, Silencer had a weak start but tons of potential, Sideways is really fun in a Grant Morrison nonsense meets Spider-man way, and I read an advance copy of the Terrifics #1 and it's on track to be really great too. Terrifics follows most closely on Metal which will hopefully help its sales too.

On 2/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, Dragonzombie said:
  Hide contents

The Terrifics preview seems to suggest the dark multiverse is lifeless except maybe the Galactus proxy. 

Spoiler

And Phantom Girl.... and  TOM STRONG and FAMILY~!

The Terrifics started off good anyways.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:34 PM, Matt D said:

It's a personal affront that @Brian Fowler doesn't read the comics I tell him to. I think he'd really dig Justice League of America, Shade the Changing Girl, and Doom Patrol (Casey Brinke could well be one of his favorite characters ever).

Casey Brinke is indeed made of awesome. I tried an issue of Shade and didn't care for it. Deathstroke, however, is awesome and is the closest thing I've seen from Priest to his Black Panther run.

In other news, I'm already over this and never need to see it again.

bendis-is-coming-poster-600x461.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ace said:

Casey Brinke is indeed made of awesome. I tried an issue of Shade and didn't care for it. Deathstroke, however, is awesome and is the closest thing I've seen from Priest to his Black Panther run.

Yes, but despite your good taste, you're not @Brian Fowler. The first 6 issue arc of Shade is right down his alley.

I think I'm going to miss JLA a lot when it ends.  I grabbed it pretty much exclusively because of the Atom, but it's turned out to be a hell of a ride.  I've also been thinking about the last arc and the whole

Promethea debacle (is it a spoiler if it was all over comics press for months?)  It's fucking weird, because it feels like Orlando isn't really interested in Promethea at all.  He was interested in Immateria as something he could tie to the Queen of Fables, and either he wanted to use the realm rather than invent a doppleganger, or else DC brass told him specifically to use Promethea rather than invent a similar concept. I'd kind of lean toward the latter as Orlando has never come off as the type to deliberately antagonize JH Williams III.

There's nothing in that story that REQUIRED an appearance by the characters Orlando used, and it feels like corporate going out of their way to assert ownership of something for the sake of asserting ownership.  All that said, I enjoyed the arc quite a lot.  It's a fun use of a villain who always felt like they could be interesting but never really was, it's a suitable escalation of the story that had been building since the one-shots, and it had some really great moments for nearly every character.  The first issue of the final(I guess) arc was real good, I hope Orlando can stick the landing and that the characters who aren't Lobo and Atom don't get swept under the rug.

I'm drinking Knob Creek, Commissioner Gordon is doin' th' PIT maneuver on Batman whilst driving the 1989 Batmobile and it's all in the animated series continuity.  This is going to be the basis for 9 years of shitty DC animated deals.

The plot synopses in the article don't make me want to run to the lcs and stand in line, but probably all of those books will be on my pull list based on creators.  Batman/Constantine is probably the least intriguing to me, but Azz is writing, so I'll check it out.  I generally think (mainstream hero/supernatural character) team ups are a struggle to pull off, but it could be worse.  Azz writing or not, I might pass on Batman/Swamp Thing.

Superman: Year One interests me most.  Who knows which Miller will show up?  Since he doesn't have a co-writer to rein him in like he did in DKIII, I'm kinda guessing Frank will go batshit overboard like he did with All-Star Batman.

I'm not turned off but it doesn't sound as interesting as I expected the initial roll-out of the Black Label line to be.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Its odd. I don't dislike any of the synopses. Deconnick is the closest I am to disliking any of the writers, and I still think she is decent. Yet somehow I still can't find myself really wanting to check any of these out.

Miller's last run at writing Superman went way better than his last few shots at Batman, honestly. Apparently that's been his dream gig for ages and he plans to write him very differently than he would in a Batman story. I'm curious.

Other History of the DC Universe should be great and I'm always down for more Snyder/Capullo. I don't know how many "The Joker is dead/gone/etc." stories I'll be down for before this line capsizes in my mind though.