DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

If Bryan did face Lesnar, I'd like to see something where Bryan can somehow always cling onto Brock's arm/shoulder during the F5, so that he can never be hurled. Over and over throughout the match, Lesnar keeps attempting the F5, and Bryan just can't be shaken loose, to the point where Brock begins freaking out, screaming "GET OFF OF ME! LET GO!"

The Authority wanted Brock to face Cena because they didn't want Cena to have the belt. They didn't want Cena to have the belt because they want it on somebody they can control. They obviously cannot control Brock Lesnar, which they will soon find out when Brock says he's not going to appear on every RAW or defend the belt whenever they want him to. He will not go on press tours or morning shows or do Make A Wish events. They send Orton after him at NoC, and Orton obviously fails (Sidenote: I'd love to see this match end in a minute or two after a sudden F5 like he hit on Cena last night. Gives the match and Brock a UFC Fight kind of feel where you never know how or when Brock will win). They beg Batista to come back to get that one on one WWE Title Shot he wanted. Fresh off of Guardians, Batista is a huge star and could bring some attention to that match. This would be at Survivor Series. Batista puts him over. They go back to Cena because, although they didn't want the belt on him before, he is a great Corporate-Style champion who does do all those press events and such and it's what's best for business. This is at the Royal Rumble. Cena again loses. Who can beat Brock?

At this point, depending on where everything is, either Reigns wins the Rumble and goes to Mania. Or they try to get The Rock to come back to get it. Or they turn back to the original guy they didn't want as their corporate champ, Daniel Bryan, because they are out of all other options. But whoever it is, they finally slay the Beast at WrestleMania. Unless it is The Rock. Absolutely no need to have him be the one to take the title and it would be a much bigger moment for Brock to defeat The Rock at Mania.

I actually wouldn't mind the Real American Jack Swagger going up against Brock after getting some momentum back. Heyman and Zeb would be gold and Swagger is hossy enough to make things interesting against the Beast. It could be a Steiner/Vader type affair.

Plus, their flag match of Old Glory vs. the skin of a polar bear Brock murdered while wandering the arctic tied to a tyranosaur femur would be pretty great.

• Like 1

Shawn Michaels asks Brock on his hunting show and accidentally shoots him.  Brock no sells the gunshot wound (naturally) and drags Shawn to whatever arena Survivor Series is in.  We get weeks of vignettes of Brock dragging Shawn through the woods and eating small animals, until finally they arrive at the arena.  2 F-5s later and Shawn is history.  We also get weeks of vignettes featuring Paul Heyman counting money in a seedy warehouse.  

• Like 1

Nikki already turned on Brie, having her being the "money person" behind the alleged payoff doesn't mean shit. I'm hoping the Bella feud involves promos where Nikki makes fun of Brie's bustline, and Brie's only response is to call her a bitch (since those have been her best promos).

Here's how I would book tonight. Open the show with HHH and a wheel of misfortune in the middle of the ring featuring 30 superstars. Whoever the wheel falls on faces Lesnar in the main event. Wheel falls on poor Heath Slater. He spends the night trying to get out of the match. (begging, doctors note, etc.)

Main event time, Slater's music hits and he's nowhere to be found. Satellite footage pops up of him boarding a plane to Guam. Lesnar/Heyman cut money promo in the main event slot.   

Too bad Chris Hero got released. That Young Knockout Kid sounds like the perfect kryptonite for a guy known to be disadvantaged when standing up and striking, 

I don't want this dude to defend the title until Survivor Series. Build someone up as THE GUY and just let Brock pull him apart.

4d88c2a05033b2ed9169a71416d8157e.jpg

I'LL BE YOUR CHAMPION.

The result would be remarkably similar, only more brutal.

When Cena was on the ground and Brock was being all cocky over him, I mentioned that Cena was about to strike and pull a "reverse-Oberyn" and tap him out. That's exactly how they should book it if it ever comes down to Bryan (which I doubt it will).

Why do I feel like there are Punk conspiracy theorists out there who are raving that all removal of him from every WWE related is a smokescreen and that tonight while Heyman's preening about BAROOOOOCK LESSSSSSSSSSSSSNAR, "Cult Of Personality" is gonna hit and lead to a Promo-For-The-Ages.

Clearly that won't happen.

But damn you for making me want it to.  Can you imagine the pop that would get?

Too bad Chris Hero got released. That Young Knockout Kid sounds like the perfect kryptonite for a guy known to be disadvantaged when standing up and striking, 

Yeah, that's too bad he's not here to serve as a believable threat to Brock Lesnar.

• Like 7

It's funny that so many are saying no other top guy would have taken a beating like this.. and maybe that's true but does anyone think this is it? Is it totally crazy to believe Cena will get the win back?

I hope not. It would defeat the purpose of this whole Lesnar thing they have going..

Yeah, that's too bad he's not here to serve as a believable threat to Brock Lesnar.

I've been a supporter of Hero for a long time, but remember, he's never been on the main roster TVs-- 65-70% of the crowd probably wouldn't think he's a threat to The Miz

My best guess:  Cena gets his win back after Brock drops the belt.

Like, if Brock drops it at Wrestlemania, then we get Brock/Cena III (yeah, really IV, but nobody is counting 2003) as a farewell to the Beast Incarnate.

I'd lose my mind as well, but the smart money says if they do that, it needs to be saved for whenever they run Chicago next

Man, I wonder if there is a dollar amount that is both low enough Vince would do it, and high enough Punk would say yes, for a one month return to cut promos on RAW for 4 weeks and then get Brock'd.

• Like 2

I suppose this is my fault for trying to be sarcastic while using a medium that doesn't allow for inflection of voice and clear facial expressions. 

• Like 2

As I watched Summerslam last night (ON THE NETWORK MACHAL, FOR JUST 9.99!) and sat in the same awe everyone else did of Brock, I thought "that man is everything the announcers say he is." An ass-kicking from Brock Lesnar is a nightmare....like being attacked by a great white in the deep ocean. There is nothing you could ever do about it.

I slept with the light on...

Please don't tell Brock where I live...

Please...

• Like 3

I suppose this is my fault for trying to be sarcastic while using a medium that doesn't allow for inflection of voice and clear facial expressions. 

Yeah man, that went right over my head actually

I'd lose my mind as well, but the smart money says if they do that, it needs to be saved for whenever they run Chicago next

Man, I wonder if there is a dollar amount that is both low enough Vince would do it, and high enough Punk would say yes, for a one month return to cut promos on RAW for 4 weeks and then get Brock'd.

Everything Heyman said about him feeling like a failure if he ever goes back makes me think that he might honestly be just THAT headstrong.

On the other hand, they keep sendin' them gimmicks called bills in the mail