DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

Said this over on PWO, but I swear there was a contingent in the crowd that were there (or at least along) to cheer for Brie due to Total Divas. She got a pretty unique pop when she came out and I think they were far more shocked than the normal wrestling crowd when Nikki turned.

I think you're on to something. On Twitter tonight my feed was overrun with people, mostly women, that I follow who have never ever tweeted about wrestling but watched and tweeted about the Brie/Steph match tonight.

edit: Christ, the Ambrose kiss to Rollins is going to launch a million fan fics.

I thought the flag match was the best thing on the show after the main event.

Rollins/Dean was kind of disappointing in that the gimmick took away from the match. They have a classic in them I'm sure.

Good show, bumped up a notch or two by that main event. I wish they'd booked Brock this way all along. It's sort of odd that he was going 50/50 (at least) with Punk and Hunter yet Cena can hardly get a move in.

I know they are all in on Reigns, and I'm not as ridiculously down on him as most here, but the money match has to be Brock/Bryan right? That seems like it writes itself...

Basically humanity should stop wasting its resources on pointless things like the continuation of its existence and spend them on building a time machine that would give us PRIME BROCK LESNAR vs PRIME VADER.

Who the hell beats this guy, believably?

Goku.

That Junior Heavyweight from early Big Japan/Japanese Indies?

I bet he retired years ago

James

As far as Ambrose-Rollins goes, they did just enough without burning their feud out. At least until HitC, which would be a logical place for the final blowoff. They're being very good about leaving themselves enough space to go until then.

That said, it was probably the best lumberjack match I've seen since Valentine-Santana about three generations ago.

After the Brie/Stephanie match they kept going back to Nikki making....some sort of face...I'm not quite sure what she was supposed to be conveying. Any D-grade movie experts care to translate?

She wanted to cry.

I really don't see how people think Steph carried her match. She just did her moves and Brie bumped her ass off. But when it was time for Steph to get hit, it was clear that Brie went soft on her and that Steph couldn't keep up. Brie may not be full of charisma or personality, but she has become a really tight worker.

And Miz's face needs to stop being the reason people hate him. It's too ugly for HD cameras. Instead, he should just pull out a picture of Maryse's tits and wear it as a mask.

the HITC Main Event will be like Kennel from Hell. 3 superstars in the ring surrounded by a cage, Brock Lesnar is outside the ring but inside a HITC. The 2 superstars able to evade Lesnar and escape the cage will win the privilege of survival. The last man in the ring will then face Lesnar for the title.

Is there a reason WWE has never done a Batista/Lesnar match? Perhaps Batista is going to be the one to send Lesnar packing and we all will have to "deal with it!". What about The Undertaker coming back for one more match? Is it possible also that Cena/Lesnar II (from 2013 at least) happens and while Lesnar is down and Cena is hurt- Rollins runs in and cashes in on Brock.

After the Brie/Stephanie match they kept going back to Nikki making....some sort of face...I'm not quite sure what she was supposed to be conveying. Any D-grade movie experts care to translate?

She wanted to cry.

I really don't see how people think Steph carried her match. She just did her moves and Brie bumped her ass off. But when it was time for Steph to get hit, it was clear that Brie went soft on her and that Steph couldn't keep up. Brie may not be full of charisma or personality, but she has become a really tight worker.

And Miz's face needs to stop being the reason people hate him. It's too ugly for HD cameras. Instead, he should just pull out a picture of Maryse's tits and wear it as a mask.

I thought the point was to get people to boo The Miz.

@LanaWWE

Congrats @HeymanHustle & @BrockLesnar for winning World Heavy Weight championship title. It will make it more fun to #CRUSH you! #SummerSlam

No wonder Russia lost the Cold War.

What's missing is Rusev's reply:

@Rusev

I DID NOT WRITE tTHIS!!! SHE SOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME!!! NO eFNGLISH!! I AM RETIRRED.

Rusev walks up to Brock backstage at RAW tomorrow.  Politely hands him an orange Crush soda.  Slowly backs off and slinks away.