DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

The fact that Cena got a couple hope spots in disappoints me. And this is coming from a huge Cena fan. 

Props to Cena for putting him over huge. Obviously. But if you're going to book a crucifixion, I think you should break formula and forgo the usual main event finisher-kickoutery. 

I totally being a total stickler though. Awesome match. And we also have a fine example to point to the next time someone suggests there's never been an awesome lumberjack match. I'm thrilled to see a singles match manage to encompass so much of the chaos that made me love Shield tags. Can't wait for Ambrose and Rollins in HIAC. 

Basically humanity should stop wasting its resources on pointless things like the continuation of its existence and spend them on building a time machine that would give us PRIME BROCK LESNAR vs PRIME VADER.

Who the hell beats this guy, believably?

Goku.

• Like 10

While I think Daniel Bryan coming back and having a match with Brock would be an incredible story,  there is no way I would put him in there unless he is beyond 100%.  Unless you can tell Brock to play it safe and wrestle like he did against Taker at WM which would suck given the talent level of both of them

Match rankings: 1 - Main event 2 - Ambrose-Rollins 3 - Rusev-Swagger (Agreed with those saying Rusev's selling was amazing, speaking of which...) 4 - Steph-Brie (Did anyone else catch after the match when Steph was still selling the Yes lock, HHH tried to raise her "bad" arm and she went with it but you can see her tell him "this arm is hurt?" If her outstanding outfit didn't win you over, how can you not love her for that?)

Everything else kinda ties at 5. Great ppv tho.

Who the hell beats this guy, believably?  Surely, he's not going to be champ until Mania, right?

I hope that's the plan I mean shit..  He's fucking awesomely booked right now. He doesn't need to appear on TV every week. He will show when he feels like killing someone again.

While I think Daniel Bryan coming back and having a match with Brock would be an incredible story,  there is no way I would put him in there unless he is beyond 100%.  Unless you can tell Brock to play it safe and wrestle like he did against Taker at WM which would suck given the talent level of both of them

You mean the match where he put Undertaker in the hospital for real?

Awesome ppv.

paige vs aj was great and pretty stiff - is aj done?

rusev really impressed me.  Great match I wasn't really looking forward to it.

The lumberjack match was fucking awesome.  My favorite of the night

Steph and Brie was better than expected, silly turn, whatever.  It keeps HHH from wrestling.

Didn't really watch orton and reigns.

Main event was good, I was really afraid Cena was going to make a comeback and win.

Best PPV since mania and probably the most content i've watched from a single current show (raw, smackdown, ppv) in a very long time.

Who the hell beats this guy, believably?  Surely, he's not going to be champ until Mania, right?

essentially the quickest way to have him lose would essentially be a giant fluke, like he knocks himself out hitting a heavy object and barely stays down for a 3 count

So... am I the only one noticing the trend that Rusev hasn't had a PPV match short of "really fucking fun" yet?

That handicap match against Truth and Woods was pretty shitty.   But after that he has been very good on PPV.  

Oh yeah, I forgot that match was a thing.

But the Big E and Swagger matches have all kicked ass.

So... am I the only one noticing the trend that Rusev hasn't had a PPV match short of "really fucking fun" yet?

Nope. Rusev is pretty great. I don't want to see him in like 15+ minute matches though. He might be able to do it but he's perfect in these 10-minute sprints. They feel like events. The flag match was tons of fun, man..  Lana is so great in her role too.  It's a hot act.

I like Paige/AJ too and thought it was a cleaner match than their last PPV match. Cool to see Paige win as I'm digging sociopath Paige.

Glad to see them pull the trigger on heel Nikki. That shot was awesome and looked like it knocked Brie out. Brie did some solid work against Stephanie who looked like she raided Chyna's closet tonight.

As far as people believably beating Brock...man I don't know. as a Bret Hart fan I'd love to see them run with Bryan but after the beating Brock gave Cena tonight I don't know. Maybe Ambrose or something later on, someone who's too psychotic and deranged to stay down and know he's hurt, maybe?

Fuck it give me Brock and Rusev. I need to see Lana and Heyman promo against each other.

I want to Seth Rollins tomorrow on Raw auctioning off the MITB briefcase.

I've got $100 from Xavier Woods. Now $200 from Fandango. Do I hear $250? $250 from Titus O'Neill. $300 from Bo Dallas...

Throw in some food stamps, and R-Truth gets it.  Those prices are low!

essentially the quickest way to have him lose would essentially be a giant fluke, like he knocks himself out hitting a heavy object and barely stays down for a 3 count

So, you want another Sting knocks himself out on a steel chair gif?

You mean the match where he put Undertaker in the hospital for real?

Yeah but Taker probably shouldn't have been in the ring to begin with.  He took it easier on him.   Those suplexes on Taker at WM probably hurt him but were relatively safe.  

If Brock had wrestled Taker like he wrestled Cena tonight he would have been sent to the hospital in the first 2 minutes