DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

No way Cena wins. They can't be that stupid, I refuse to believe they'd be that dumb to waste Lesnar against Cena AGAIN

They've torpedoed HOW MANY chances at a huge paradigm shift over the past five years ALONE, not even getting that deep into the previous decade, and you still hold out hope that they won't bungle this one?

I've heard of "fool me once," but WWE must have fooled you seven or eight times so far.

No way Cena wins. They can't be that stupid, I refuse to believe they'd be that dumb to waste Lesnar against Cena AGAIN

Yeah I mean, Lesnar over Cena is a tap-in. Yes, WWE has blown tap-ins in the past, and they certainly aren't playing their best game this summer in general, but odds still favor them making the tap-in.

I think a Brock win, even if he's only on the show once a month, would be incredible.  Keeping him off the show makes every single appearance meaningful.  They honestly should do it with Cena and Orton.  It'd freshen them up.  

They have more than enough wrestlers to carry the ringtime week to week.  Honestly, for the people at the top of the card, they should at least announce their matches a week in advance on Raw so that it seems more like an event instead of them doing an interview and someone interrupts every week.  

If Brock doesn't win I want my $9.99 back.

• Like 1

I want to see Lesnar destroy Cena to right the wrong of last year's Extreme Rules. If it's still same old Overcome the Odds Super Cena, fuck that. But, IF, and ONLY IF, Cena does end up turning heel by becoming the corporate champion as suggested on a Fixing the WWE podcast I finished listening to this afternoon, it would be worth it. 

The world championship would mean a fucksight more, to say nothing of the IC and US titles.

I know the brand split's over, but fuck, Main Event could have a regional feel where the US title was the main belt there.

• Like 1

If Lesnar wins the only face that can take the title in a believable fashion is Reigns and I do not want to see that match.

If Jack Swagger wins they should put him in a Red, White, and Blue bus and go full "Lex Express" with him.  Build up Lesnar as an evil experiment funded by the Russian, Chinese, North Korean governments, and the Taliban, and have Swags crush him.

Pretty sure a few of the Wrestlemania cards had two.

Did some wiki research and WM 20 and 22 both featured a Women's Title match in addition to a Playboy branded evening gown match or pillow fight.  Two legitimate contests might still be a first.  Not sure I am ready to go digging through the archives of B-shows for when there were two titles although I sort of recall the Divas title being introduced as the one for the Hawaiian Tropic models to defend in gimmick matches.

If Lesnar wins the only face that can take the title in a believable fashion is Reigns and I do not want to see that match.

Sadly, this is your Wrestlemania 31 main event. Accept it folks, either Super Cena or "The Roman Empire" is the future.

Has the build up for Summerslam been good? 

I haven't seen Raw in 3-4 weeks because I decided to focus my wrestling viewing on the G1 tournament. Are there any recent episodes were checking out, or specific moments? I could read some recaps, but I don't want to know too many spoilers.

I do plan on watching Summerslam, but I would appreciate any feedback on how the month leading to this show has been.

Has the build up for Summerslam been good? 

I haven't seen Raw in 3-4 weeks because I decided to focus my wrestling viewing on the G1 tournament. Are there any recent episodes were checking out, or specific moments? I could read some recaps, but I don't want to know too many spoilers.

I do plan on watching Summerslam, but I would appreciate any feedback on how the month leading to this show has been.

blood-and-urine-and-vomit.gif

and I guess Dean Ambrose this last monday

• Like 1

Sadly, this is your Wrestlemania 31 main event. Accept it folks, either Super Cena or "The Roman Empire" is the future.

I think it's more likely that Roman cools off and Bryan's arms and shoulders begin working right again just in time for Bryan to take the gold off Lesnar at that time. 

I think there is a less than 1% chance that Cena wins on Sunday, but I have been completely wrong before.