DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: TIM DONST

RIPPA

I think Donst is one of the better and more underrated guys on the Indies right now. I loved his bully/Raven tribute act, and I thought the pay off with the Gavin match was really good for a match against a non wrestler. I think he was one of the few people who got something worthwhile out of Saturyne, because he really understands how to cut off hope spots well, and sell them effectively when they connect. He is one of those workers who is seemingly never as over as the person he is feuding with, but I would contend that a lot of the reason that his opponents are so over is because of how effective he is in his role. 

I used to love Donst getting brutalized monthly by Kingston.

Donst having "I'm a total fucking jobber, cringe as I die for your pleasure" as his gimmick was tons of fun. Guilty-pleasure fun, I felt bad for the poor bastard, but fun nonetheless. One time SAW in Nashville brought him in (and the drive from wherever-in-the-Northeast to fuckin' Middle Tennessee ain't a short one) just for him to get eaten alive by monster-heel-du-jour Mark Anthony. I don't care how much he got paid, can you imagine most guys driving twelve or sixteen hours just for a freakin' squash match? The fact that he agreed to walk out to the ring that night puts him on a level of professionalism that few indy workers today would ever approach.

This is one of the cooler things Chikara has ever done. It's an empty arena/furniture store match and it really demonstrates Donst's descent into madness in his feud with Hallowicked. And in my head, I always wondered what it would be like to have a wrestling match break out in the middle of an empty furniture store.

Donst is a really awesome rudo and I'd like to see him get a shot in more places.

Oh to have this Chikara back instead of the one that shuts down for no fucking reason and tries to come back as if nothing happened.

• Like 2

Anyone know why Donst quit getting/taking Chikara bookings?

I was kinda given the impression that a few people in the business pulled Donst aside and told him him he'd be better off disassociating himself from Quack. Not sure how much truth there is to that, though.

i wondered the same about Sugar Dunkerton and Saturyne

There has to be something to it - very few of the graduates work a large amount outside of Chikara and a large portion of them seem to work strictly Chikara/Wresting Is... shows.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...