DVDVR Message Board

RIP Robin Williams

dogwelder

Yeah, that exchange just fucking crackles off the screen.  Damon's delivery on "Cause fuck him, that's why" is amazing.

God, I wish Matt and Ben would actually write another movie together like they keep saying they are going to.

Zelda Williams was getting flooded by trolls who were sending her "pictures of her father in the morgue".  

She has deleted all her social media presence.  

Fuck people. 

Social media is all the proof you need that untreated mental illness runs rampant in society. I mean, yeah, people are dicks sometimes, but something like that is so far beyond anything even most fratboy douchebags could comprehend, I have to think the people doing it are just fucked up and depraved beyond belief and need to be sent to an institution. 

Zelda Williams was getting flooded by trolls who were sending her "pictures of her father in the morgue".

She has deleted all her social media presence.

Fuck people.

Social media is all the proof you need that untreated mental illness runs rampant in society. I mean, yeah, people are dicks sometimes, but something like that is so far beyond anything even most fratboy douchebags could comprehend, I have to think the people doing it are just fucked up and depraved beyond belief and need to be sent to an institution.

Don't necessarily blame *true* mental illness for straight-up assholeism.

I've seen that pop up a few places, and on the one hand, it WAS an asshole thing to say, but on the other hand, it was from an interview he gave BEFORE Williams' suicide. After it happened, Simmons tweeted "R.I.P. Robin Williams, a kind and generous man." The implication that people are saying that Simmons said it in response to Williams' death is entirely false, and arguably more assholish than the quote itself.

• Like 1

He also sent out that image about getting help and the suicide prevention hotline with Williams on it.

Maybe Williams's death made him rethink this issue.

That said, it was still an asshole thing to say.

Gene's just Captain Alpha Male. He can't show a bit of "weakness" or it makes him come off as less of a "rock star," which he isn't, by the day. If he quits being an arrogant prick now, it's like he's giving up the only piece of his rock stardom and "persona" he has left. Everything he says is some sort of odd self-promotion.

His opinions on anything should be taken far less than seriously. He's a walking cartoon, a sad rock 'n' roll clown, minus the c-c-c-c-c-cocaine.

This might have been posted already but I am not going through the whole thread

For today

ENCORE's TRIBUTE TO ROBIN WILLIAMS* - Sunday, August 17th beginning at 3pm ET/PT on ENCORE

3:00 pm One Hour Photo (20202
4:40 pm Cadillac Man (1990)
6:20 pm RV (2006)
8:00 pm Good Will Hunting (1997)
10:10 pm Awakenings (1990)