DVDVR Message Board

The 1990s the decade of my youth

Cole Miner

A few songs I wanted to post in 80s turned out to be early 90 songs. My favorite decades for music are the 20s and 30s. Wouldn't be much interest in those decades though. Plus the blues and jazz thread can pretty much carry most of it anyway. 1990s has a ton of great songs though with a lot of variety. Some guitar gods

Was going to post the video version of this but they chopped it up too much. Not sure why since even chopped it was still over 5 minutes.

Joe Satriani One Big Rush. One of the songs I thought was a late 80s song.

Another rock guitar instrumental George Lynch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5mESb07zzk

Gary Moore The Stumble. From the Montreux 1995 show. His strongest night on stage that is available for listening.

Eric Johnson with Jimmie Vaughan SRV. Do a good job with getting SRV's sound. Not an easy sound to get. Requires really thick strings, heavy upside down picks, and hammering on chords as you pick them to thicken the sound even more. Clean tone as well so no distortion to hide imperfections. You know you are doing it right when you start damaging your guitar's frets.

So, yeah.   I had this huuuuuuge crush on Kelli Dayton of the Sneaker Pimps (now Kelli Ali) back in the day.

I blame Alex from MTV's Downtown for my 90's starcrossed attraction to mysterious women with dark hair.

• Like 1

Listening to hip hop today. Which is rare these days.

Amazing how much Hollywood over the last 20 years. Hollywood Shuffle would probably feel really dated now watching it.

Group lost to time I suppose considering they have 27 followers on spotify

One of my friends that has made a good living rapping became a fan from me playing this

A lot of good samples in this song. I can buy his attitude as well. Wrestling ain't masculine. Yeah I suppose it isn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...