DVDVR Message Board

Interesting sports you follow but not enough interest for their own thread

evilwaldo

By the way, the Tour de France people are pissed at that woman.  The French police also want to charge her with... something?  

Remember, no matter how bad you screw up today, it probably won't be a "Now I'm the subject of an international manhunt"-level screw up. 

• Like 1

Trying to think of the last time a fan did this much damage to both sides of a team or event.   Probably since that goof skydived in the middle of the Riddick Bowe fight and preceded to get the living crap beat out of him.

Remember I said both sides.  Jeffery Maier and Bartman doesn't count 

I love this so much because it's both incredibly egregious and a fairly understandable fuckup.

Also when and if they figure out who this person is somebody has got to interview their grandparents they they were trying to say hi to with their sign.  I need to know their reaction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She's also a basketball player and holds 3 Guinness records for dribbling tricks.  She's a whole badass

e: “Basketball, I’m not just playing it. I’m really trying to go somewhere with it. Basketball is what I do. Spelling is really a side thing I do. It’s like a little hors d’ouevre. But basketball’s like the main dish.”

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 12:05 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Medina Spirit, who won the Kentucky Derby, failed a steroid test over the weekend.  

His trainer Bob Ballart (unironically) said his horse was a victim of 'cancel culture' yesterday morning.  

Today, he quietly admitted that the whole thing is true, and the horse did get a steroid injection and Medina Spirit will not run in the Preakness this weekend.

And now... just over 6 months later, Medina Spirit is dead

Collapsed and passed away after a workout

On 12/10/2021 at 5:35 PM, cubbymark said:

Magnus Carlsen retained the World Chess Championship defeating Ian Nepomniachtchi 7.5-3.5 to become the 5 time World Chess champion. After opening the match with 5 draws, Magnus won an 8 plus hour Game 6 and pulled away. 

Nepo completely imploded after losing that 130+ moves marathon. Some of the blunders he made later on are almost inconceivable on that level (21. ... b5 in the 8th game, 27. c5 in the 9th game and 23. g3 in the final game). Hell, even I would almost be ashamed if I had let my bishop get trapped with 27. c5?? c6 or would probably realize that after 23. g3 there is the intermezzo dxe3 even in a bullet game. It seems he went for the same strategy as Karjakin and Caruana did before him: just try to keep the match level and hope for Carlsen to lose patience (and he even got his chance in the time scramble in game 6, though he gambled a bit too much). Once he was one game down, the match was probably more or less over. If Carlsen does not want to lose, he gets his draws.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 8:32 PM, SirFozzie said:

This Formula 1 race is the fucking bananananananananas

And the one today was not much better. Formula 1 this year really had a problem with a lot of close calls (on all sides) and a race director, who at times felt "a bit" overwhelmed. No matter who won today, someone was destined to be pissed, which is always a sign that the "ref" sucks.

Edited by Robert s

• 2 weeks later...

Big breaking news:

Michael van Gerwen has withdrawn from the PDC World Darts Championship after testing positive for Covid-19.

The three-time champion was scheduled to play on Tuesday in a third-round match against Chris Dobey, who will get a bye into the last 16.

Van Gerwen's fellow Dutch players Raymond van Barneveld and Vincent van der Voort have also tested positive for Covid-19.

Van Barneveld revealed his positive test following a defeat by Rob Cross.

Van der Voort was down to play England's James Wade but pulled out of the tournament after also contracting Covid-19.

More to follow.

• 1 month later...

I know we all have stuff to watch, what with the Olympics, Raw, etcetera.

But I think those of us who have ESPN+ should do a live-watch of Pro KABBADI!

There's three games this morning, 

Patna Pirates vs. Telugu Titans

Dabang Delhi KC vs. UP Yoddha

Gujarat Giants vs. Puneri Paltan

It'd have to be the replay, because me aside, I don't think anyone will be coherent for, nevermind  ready to live-watch at 7 eastern this morning. ?

On 12/6/2021 at 1:05 PM, RIPPA said:

And now... just over 6 months later, Medina Spirit is dead

Collapsed and passed away after a workout

And now they've officially stripped the Derby run and suspended Baffert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...