DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe i am just old and my reflexes suck but damn I cannot time out the reversals at all.  Always either too late or early.  This causes me to get my ass kicked for long periods.  Still like the game though.  I don't get the career mode with the 360, but the other modes are decent.

Same problem I have. Admittedly I don't play on a regular basis but this game gives me the most problems to develop any kind of timing whatsoever regarding reversals. The fact that the COM opponent seemingly does them at will. That and the blatant screen jump where you're about to land a move when suddenly the characters change to the animation of the COM performing a reversal that isn't in conjunction with your attacking move.

For example, you throw a standing dropkick and it changes into the animation of you getting a German suplex.

I've played WWE '13 by THQ, WWE 2K13 and WWE 2K14 by 2K Sports. I feel the reversal system is much better handled in WWE '13. That may be just me.

• Like 1

Holy shit, you're back! Welcome back, bud! We missed you.

On topic: Why can't they just use the AKI reversal system? It's too easy to reverse moves in this game. I feel like there was a whole psychology with the R+L reversal buttons. You could psych guys out with different strings of attack or use the same one a few times to screw with them. What little art was in that system was killed by having a singular button for reversals.

• Like 1

I wanted to get into that NXT pack, but I'm starting to have buyer's remorse.  Don't give a shit about Rose, Emma's face looks hideous.  The one plus to this is I can just ape the Ascension entrance for any CAW badass team.  It's weird to think that they got it so, so right with Zayn and Neville yet shit the bed with the DLC.

Emma's face is better than Summer Rae's (especially during Fandango's entrance). The NXT pack was worth it because I get JBL's entrance with money raining down and his winning animation where he just looks on with disgust at the person he just laid out with his Clothesline From Hell.

Holy shit, you're back! Welcome back, bud! We missed you.

On topic: Why can't they just use the AKI reversal system? It's too easy to reverse moves in this game. I feel like there was a whole psychology with the R+L reversal buttons. You could psych guys out with different strings of attack or use the same one a few times to screw with them. What little art was in that system was killed by having a singular button for reversals.

Thanks, man.

Wasn't WrestleMania 2000 an AKI game? The only time I played that was when my school friend brought his N64 console round. I owned a PS1.

Yep. PS1 did have the first American AKI engine game: WCW vs. The World (though they were called "Man Breeze" at the time). It was very clunky but the basics were there.

I was wondering, with all the negative word of mouth, whether the game outsold last year's iteration and there's some reference to Meltzer saying that sales were better by December of last year for 2K15 than they were in December of 2013 for 2K14. That kind of feels like how subscriptions for the Network went up after the Rumble.