DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

I think 14 is the better of the 3, something just feels off on 15 still not sure what yet and I've had it since release and I still play 14 more

Yeah I've leaned 14 as far as having what looks like the best overall roster plus the amount of CAW slots. I loved '12 and recently replayed through the Road to WM mode which is one of my all time fav story modes in a WWE game but it feels more outdated now with not being able to download CAWs anymore on it.

Yeah I'd go with 14 must be able to pick it up for a decent price now and some of the caws are unreal. I have a full 100 caw and I'm always swapping them. I figured 25 slots would suck but thought other areas would pull 15 through - they don't

• Like 1

Pretty much. They didn't make 15's core gameplay good enough to make up for the stripped down bells and whistles. 14 was okay but the series is extremely stagnant, with every other year promising a rebuild/whole new engine and giving only marginal results. 

Depends on what you look for honestly. It seems like '14 would be the best choice for you. 

Personally I have way more fun playing '15. Not big on CAWS and most of that had to do with the horrible naming options. When the closest to Dean Ambrose you could get was Deal M. Bruce your choices fucking suck. 

'13 and '14 were both super glitchy and that's been well documented. As far as in game matches go I think I've seen maybe two glitches since launch. Unfortunately for me I spend most of my time in Universe mode which is still just as broken as it's been since at least '12. 

Pretty much. They didn't make 15's core gameplay good enough to make up for the stripped down bells and whistles. 14 was okay but the series is extremely stagnant, with every other year promising a rebuild/whole new engine and giving only marginal results. 

Yeah I'm not really expecting big things this year. Just hoping for a good wrestling game. No more hype for me.

It's not that '15 is a terrible game (though it's not good either), it just seems so limited that I don't really wanna play it anymore. Like..."I've done this already" kind of feeling. Leaves too much to be desired to pick back up.

Forget numbers and stars, the best review I could give it is "meh."

• Like 3

I guess we could stop thinking about a PC version of this.  It's January, and they're likely getting the next version ready anyway for consoles.  It's a shame, I was looking forward to the mods.

The only thing I've been doing anymore is ROH in Universe Mode.  I'm just going to go with Briscoe vs. the World and figure out the rest.  I don't play this much, but it's enough to be entertained.

I picked up a new copy for super cheap on Ebay, and the controls are clunky. I definitely prefer 14. 14 in general was one of my favorites. 

I'm enjoying My Career though. Gave my guy Hero's Discus Big Boot as his finisher. One thing that annoys me to no end about those corner finishing moves (Boma Ye, Discus Boot, etc) is that they don't work against Super Heavyweights. Your opponent just stands there, and you can't move at all when you trigger it. After about 2 or 3 minutes of just standing there, everything is back to normal, but you just lost a finisher. Horrendous glitch and I doubt it'll ever get fixed.

ROH in Universe Mode sounds like fun. And now that the Jay Driller is in the game, that whole Briscoe run would be even better.

Maybe i am just old and my reflexes suck but damn I cannot time out the reversals at all.  Always either too late or early.  This causes me to get my ass kicked for long periods.  Still like the game though.  I don't get the career mode with the 360, but the other modes are decent.

Same problem I have. Admittedly I don't play on a regular basis but this game gives me the most problems to develop any kind of timing whatsoever regarding reversals. The fact that the COM opponent seemingly does them at will. That and the blatant screen jump where you're about to land a move when suddenly the characters change to the animation of the COM performing a reversal that isn't in conjunction with your attacking move.

For example, you throw a standing dropkick and it changes into the animation of you getting a German suplex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe i am just old and my reflexes suck but damn I cannot time out the reversals at all.  Always either too late or early.  This causes me to get my ass kicked for long periods.  Still like the game though.  I don't get the career mode with the 360, but the other modes are decent.

Same problem I have. Admittedly I don't play on a regular basis but this game gives me the most problems to develop any kind of timing whatsoever regarding reversals. The fact that the COM opponent seemingly does them at will. That and the blatant screen jump where you're about to land a move when suddenly the characters change to the animation of the COM performing a reversal that isn't in conjunction with your attacking move.

For example, you throw a standing dropkick and it changes into the animation of you getting a German suplex.

I've played WWE '13 by THQ, WWE 2K13 and WWE 2K14 by 2K Sports. I feel the reversal system is much better handled in WWE '13. That may be just me.

• Like 1