DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

RE: Hair

It is always going to look like shit in games that have as much free range of motion and as many animations to cycle through. I remember in the trailers for MLB 14 The Show they were showing off hair that swayed when guys moved....game came out.....and nope. 

This is about as good as hair is going to look for a while. 

EA Sports UFC pulled it off just fine: 

• Like 1

Jeremy, thanks for the review.  I am now contemplating whether I should buy my pre-order copy or not.  

I noticed your review mentioned lag for grappling and striking.  This was a problem I had for the playable demo I tried out at GameStop Expo.  The reps said this was just an early build and it was a problem they were fixing.  Unfortunately based on your review, it sounds like that's not a problem they fixed for the game at launch.  

Some of these games that are coming out now don't really seem next-gen to me.  I see something like Grand Theft Auto just doing first-person shooter mode which you can casually turn on or off.  We have all this next-gen tech coming out the ass, but the developers still can't seem to compensate for it.  

I answered my own question about the pre-order.  I agree that this game doesn't seem to be fully capitalizing on the next gen tech,  Of course, I was lowkey letdown with NBA 2K15 once I played it, at least visually.  The only games I've seen footage of that seem to REALLY be pushing this hardware are Uncharted 4 and Arkham Knight.

• Like 1

The stuff they are doing with Phantom Pain does look impressive as long as it works.  I don't think Kojima would ever release a broken game though.  Also, Witcher 3.  

But if a franchise like Grand Theft Auto V is going for an optional first-person mode for next-gen, why can't like Halo 5 try third-person?  Is that insane?  Maybe, but if Grand Theft Auto V can try something like that, I see no reason other franchises cannot.  

2K's first next-gen version of WWE just feels like it shouldn't be this bare bones.  

But if a franchise like Grand Theft Auto V is going for an optional first-person mode for next-gen, why can't like Halo 5 try third-person? Is that insane? Maybe, but if Grand Theft Auto V can try something like that, I see no reason other franchises cannot.

What's next?! A Halo real-time strategy?!?!?

Yeah, I did finally end up doing that for Sting.  Can't find anything on Season Pass though.  One thing that is bugging me about MyCareer.  I imported a created Finn Balor, and I noticed that his moveset doesn't carry over into the game mode.  Is this a thing, or is my game acting stupid?

Yeah, I did finally end up doing that for Sting.  Can't find anything on Season Pass though.  One thing that is bugging me about MyCareer.  I imported a created Finn Balor, and I noticed that his moveset doesn't carry over into the game mode.  Is this a thing, or is my game acting stupid?

The movesets change, although you can tweak them to some degree when customizing the character within MyCareer.

The movesets change, although you can tweak them to some degree when customizing the character within MyCareer.

Thanks for clearing that up.  That's disappointing.

I think I have my BIGGEST pet peeve of the game, that being moves doing way too much damage.  No matter what setting I have it on, a match isn't going over 5-6 minutes because everything does an incredible amount of damage, and you don't regain any of it.  There is no way to change this either.  I looked and looked, but no modifier for regular move damage.

My favorite match so far was a No Holds Barred match between Big Show and Mark Henry.  It was such an epic HOSS BATTLE! type match that was so damn amazing to play.  Dare I say it it smoked their actual recent matches.  Lots of plunder, heavy slams and table smashes galore.  And the slams on the outside sound much more impactful.  I'm saddened I didn't save that (could have easily done that on PS4 so I have no excuse)

I have noticed shorter matches due to damage.  It seems like they were overcompensating for lack of damage to moves in past versions.  Have you tried changing the sliders?  Aside from that that seems to be the only option.  I wish they kept the type of match you could have (Quick, Normal, and Epic) I could go from complete squash to midcard match to a main event quite easily with those.  It seems in place of that there's the stamina which could drag it out a little bit.  I guess I'm not having as much of an issue with that as relatively short matches are good for me in MyCareer mode.

Speaking of that mode, I finally faced Sami Zayn and man was that surreal.  Not only are the "Ole!" chants in there during his entrance, but the sign was definitely in the crowd.  I know 2K has a separate deal from WWE, but the fact this still made it into the game blows my mind.  I can't wait to unlock him as he seems like he'll be a blast to play as.  I also noticed they have no problem dropping in the insider terms.  Vickie Guerrero wants to see if my character is worth getting a push, and there is a meter that shows how much of a heel and a face you are (yes, using those words)  It's a weird mix of them having the "kayfabe is dead" mentality and also knowing who's likely going to play this mode (the hardcores that know these terms)  Oh, and this mode is still very fun to play.

So, are any of you guys "Jaguar" or is that one of my other friends? Because you invaded my career and I kicked your ass.

It's automatic, too. If you are friends with luchagringo on PSN, you might get a visit from Casey "Ninja" Nielsen. Run.

• Like 1

this game has a fire thunder powerbomb with a pin combo; it is basically a disgrace that it doesn't have a 98 metacritic

So far on PS4 I have found a sort of amazing looking Scott Hall where the texture colours don't line up with his skin properly at all and ruin it, and also pretty a good looking Tyler Breeze and Baron Corbin. Baron's moveset might be a problem seeing as he has one and it isn't in the game

the rest of community creations seems to be about 50% pictures of anime girls with big boobs and 50% middling attempts at Fergy Devz

Finished both showcase modes. Punk/Cena is funner and better put together. Oddly, the best match I had was probably the HHH/HBK HIAC match, better than what happened in real life.

Having played it for a couple more days, I'm sticking with my 6/10 review. Not that anybody should really give a shit about my opinion, just reaffirming what I initially thought. I expect next year to be better.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Seemed to pop up immediately once the servers went live Tuesday.  Not sure fascination with the former, but understand the latter.  I got one of the Balor creations and it is good so far.  There's an Itami one that has an entrance with him on the phone (not sure why)  But he is lightning fast and plays really well.  Definitely making them NXT tag champs once that's unlocked.